• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vick Reinstated

Cold Cat

Now of course when he suxxors as a QB we will have to listen to all the same excuses we heard for years as to why he was never even a decent QB with the added bonus of the whole jail thing setting him back. Though all along these media Vick pimps have been saying how great he is and how much he will add to a team and there aren't 64 QBs in the NFL better than he is, etc. lol

My opinion is I don't care that he has been reinstated and we will see who wants him. If anyone is dumb enough to want him, oh well. It's their money. I can't stand when people say he has paid his debt to society so they should reinstate him though. Um, I'm pretty sure if I was in jail my employer neither wouldn't nor shouldn't feel they had to give me a second chance to work there. His second chance is in working at ANY JOB to earn a living, not having some "right" to work in the NFL.

Must be nice... Could any of you go to prison for almost two years then days after getting off probation go to your boss ask for your job back and get it?

Agreed!...It is crazy. Playing in the NFL is a privilege. If you do not act responsibly then you should have that privilege taken away. People who say he paid his dept, now forgive him, and let him play. They are funny to me. Yes he served his time for the crime, but he should never be allowed to be around pro football again. His second chance is at restoring what is left of his life. In all fairness no one could commit the crimes he did, and get there job back.

Per PFT

Per the release, he is eligible to participate "without delay" in training camp, and he may play in the final two preseason games played by the team with which he signs.

And he won't be suspended to start the season in the traditional sense. Instead, he will be permitted to participate in all team activities other than games.

Vick then will be eligible for full reinstatement by Week Six.

So, as a practical matter, it's a five-game suspension. (Depending on the bye week schedule of the team that signs him, Vick could miss only four games.)

The league also announced that former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy has agreed to work as an advisor and mentor to Vick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/nfl-conditionally-reinstates-vick/

Vick is a damn fool if he blows this...

if he goes to the UFL, their season is only 6 weeks. So he can make money doing that and maybe get picked up.

I hope Vick realizes how LUCKY he is. The NFL does NOT have to allow him back in. Sure they might catch some heat but HE was involved and supplied money to do some dark stuff.

I hope he bounces back, learns his lessons, does a crap load of public service/community involvement and is a solid productive citizen as well as a football player.

90% of average citiizens who get a felony on their record, almost doesn't go away and it literally haunts them the rest of their life.

You guys know for sure that I've not liked Vick since he was at VT, right? So it's disconcerting to make this statement. He does deserve the right to come back and redeem himself, (just not here, that won't happen). And also, I know it's not the NFL, but he has been playing QB for the last couple of years, in the prison league and he not only was playing QB, but he was playing it for both sides, so he was always in the game. He's not as rusty as everyone wants to think. Of course he's still a running back who plays under center IMO...

You guys know for sure that I've not liked Vick since he was at VT, right? So it's disconcerting to make this statement. He does deserve the right to come back and redeem himself, (just not here, that won't happen). And also, I know it's not the NFL, but he has been playing QB for the last couple of years, in the prison league and he not only was playing QB, but he was playing it for both sides, so he was always in the game. He's not as rusty as everyone wants to think. Of course he's still a running back who plays under center IMO...

I totally agree with this!

So much for any meaningful action from the NFL. "Ride the pine 4 games while you get into football form which you probably would anyways.

Goodell suxors. Next if no GM signs him it will be collusion.

Interesting he has done absolutely nothing to repair his image yet and here he is.

He just hired a trainer not too long ago. I think if hes in descent shape that the Redskins will make a big push for Vick. Their obviously not satisfied with Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis wont be around for much longer. Jim Zorn knows the clock is ticking on his team and key defensive players and will get a big threat his team needs to excel.

Archived