• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan as a Panther.....

PanthaSan

.....for life.

I don't know if this has been brought up or suggested but is it possible for the Panthers to resign Dan and then let him re-retire as a Panther? I think we did it for Stephen Davis after he left us. They re-signed him for a day and then let him retire.

Not that Dan would be any less of one of the greatest Panthers to put on cleats and pads if they couldn't. I am and will always be a very big DM Homer and he is a Panther for life in my opinion.

I am not sure how the rules are pertaining to this and maybe I am showing my ignorance but this has been on my mind for a few weeks after he left the Aints.

We could start a petition or even better, make a banner. :D

But in all seriousness, would this be possible?

He IS one of the best that ever played his position.

No doubt Dan has the knowledge, and the passion.

The concern you always have for someone like him coaching though is how frustrating it can be when they're stuck trying to motivate a player that doesn't have the kind of all-heart, no-holding-back, kamikaze attitude that Dan had as a player.

Truthfully, few guys do, at least not to the level Morgan did. And you can't really pass that down. You can try, but some guys will just never have it, and that can be tough to deal with for a coach who does.

True, i just think he would make a great coach someday... Dan was always no holds bared give it all kinda guy.... i think if he wanted he could be a Singultary/Del Rio kinda coach...

Archived