• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Thoughts

FearTheCats

Man what a painful game. It started off with the refs handing the Niners six points and then not calling 12 men in the huddle or a personal foul on Boldin at the end of the first half. Then it the second half the Niners took over and the experience set in. It was a painful loss, definitely but it gave me hope. And hope is a good thing. 3 years ago, we were 2-14, now we are the number 2 seed in the NFC and a top team in the league. Just think about that for a second. The future is bright my friends.

One thing I would like to see Cam do over the offseason is to watch a replay of Kap mocking him every single day. Kap is a classless player yes, but when he did that I knew something good was going to come out of it, he made Cam mad and while it might not have shown today but I think it should in the coming years. It should motivate him to do great things. I hope that next week if Wilson gets a TD he kisses his biceps and tells Kap to suck a big one.

We need to fix up the offense, badly. We need to either get a receiver in free agency or in the draft. We need to get some new O-lineman as well. But the biggest thing I would like to see the Panthers do this offseason is keep Mitchell and the Kraken. Mitchell is an emotional leader and did wonders for this defense this and Hardy is one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

All in all, it was a great year with great improvements. I think we became a playoff team for many years to come this year. This loss sucks and it is going to burn for a while but I fully trust this team under Cam. Everybody have a wonderful offseason and KEEP POUNDING!

Wasn't Kaepernick's celebration mocked in San Francisco earlier this year? Could be wrong, but even if I am, doing that doesn't make you classless. Everyone does it.

Regardless, Carolina is right on the cusp of being truly dominant. This experience will help tremendously. 

I don't think the future is that bright. We are cap strapped and laden with big price contracts for older players, will likely lose mainstays like Gross, Williams, and Hardy, and our only way to really improve (which we need to) is by hitting multiple home runs in the draft and pulling off a big trade. Tampa Bay is going to be a lot better by default with their new coach, Atlanta will likely address their defense and New Orleans will still be strong. A lot of the NFC will get much better, particularly our 2014 opponents, save for Seattle which is in our situation and will lose a chunk of their players as well.

That's what makes this loss particularly painful. Its highly unlikely we'd be a bye again next year, and probably not likely we'll be in the playoffs. We had our opportunity and we killed ourselves, because SF wasn't a better team.

I'd also like to point out that it appeared we had the same exact game plan on defense and didn't change a thing. What the hell were they doing the past two weeks. At least every single player on defense was not prepared or out of position on a specific key play. If they had been able to stop a mediocre-to-bad offense, it would have given our mediocre offense a few more possessions to make something happen. What did Andy Lee only punt two times? Ridiculous

starting to think the biggest problem with the offense isn't personnel, it's philosophy. The Patriots don't have better personnel than us on offense really- especially at receiver. But they function better because they aren't so conservative. They just attack and attack and attack and attack. If we did that on offense we would have more success.

We were over the cap at the end of last year and made the playoffs with a 12-4 record this year. I agree we blew a big opportunity today and getting back is an uphill battle but I'm not worried about the cap. A good GM will sort that out and still produce a winning roster.

I don't think the future is that bright. We are cap strapped and laden with big price contracts for older players, will likely lose mainstays like Gross, Williams, and Hardy, and our only way to really improve (which we need to) is by hitting multiple home runs in the draft and pulling off a big trade. Tampa Bay is going to be a lot better by default with their new coach, Atlanta will likely address their defense and New Orleans will still be strong. A lot of the NFC will get much better, particularly our 2014 opponents, save for Seattle which is in our situation and will lose a chunk of their players as well.

That's what makes this loss particularly painful. Its highly unlikely we'd be a bye again next year, and probably not likely we'll be in the playoffs. We had our opportunity and we killed ourselves, because SF wasn't a better team.

I'd also like to point out that it appeared we had the same exact game plan on defense and didn't change a thing. What the hell were they doing the past two weeks. At least every single player on defense was not prepared or out of position on a specific key play. If they had been able to stop a mediocre-to-bad offense, it would have given our mediocre offense a few more possessions to make something happen. What did Andy Lee only punt two times? Ridiculous

My thoughts based on full year production and salaries, the future is bright. We have the core and then some under contract for atleast the next two years.12-4 with a QB of three years and a MLB of two, we will only get better. Because I have very good knowledge of the cap space here is what my final thoughts are:

We need to at least make the playoffs next year, no matter what our personnel. Period. Personnel or our philosophy needs to change if we don't. Show that we are relevant and not lucky.

Our salary cap situation, dead money, and Cam's new contract are the biggest hurdles for next year. We have lots of needs for us to fix and not really any room to do it. Nevertheless, I feel we will be back in the playoffs. I am however not confident that we have the room to venture in FA and get the talent that we need to be a top four team, get us to the NFCC. Hopefully our young guys learned a lot through this. We really need them to be expierenced come this time next year.

I see only one major reason for this defeat, the Panthers have shown their anger all week before the game, it's ok if you are using this anger the right way.

But the Niners provoked the Panthers so their anger would turn in chaos and chaos = not focused on the game anymore + penalties.

The whole team is gulty and not only the players.. I hope we have learned something today.

Go Panthers !

edit : as a coach i wouldn't have missed  a "ICE UP KIDS ICE UP"

From the moment SF beat GB I thought we were going to lose to SF. Our only chance was to play at a very high level and hope for some mistakes from SF. Our weaknesses came back to bite us as is usually the case. Our WRs are too slow, our entire secondary is lacking in talent, and our o-line is patchwork at best. The writing was on the wall, but I still thought we could somehow pull out a win. It didn't happen, and that's ok. This team has a future, unlike the 2008 team.

I loved watching our front 7 play this season, and Cam had some incredible moments. Ginn brought his career back to life, and who knows which FA WR we might be able to snag next season.

Looking ahead to the future, we need play making DBs, and speedy WRs. We can fill those needs in the draft and FA. Thank god we're not in need of a franchise QB. We're in good shape, and the future looks bright.

starting to think the biggest problem with the offense isn't personnel, it's philosophy. The Patriots don't have better personnel than us on offense really- especially at receiver. But they function better because they aren't so conservative. They just attack and attack and attack and attack. If we did that on offense we would have more success.

dude, they have Tom fuging Brady.

But you made your point.

To the OP, I am with you. Ask all of us in August if they thought we'd have been NFC south champs, and I'm sure the answers would be quite interesting. I think they were called "homers" lol.

I'm only glad that the bandwagon will get a little lighter... Some of the new folks... Well are crazy as bat feces!

I trust our GM with the cap. He pulled a really $30 million turn around fire this year. Let's see what he does next!

This is a young team on the cusp of something very good. Everyone will try to improve, and some won't. I'm looking forward to a great future with this team!

Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

In this day of salary cap and free agency the chance to making deep runs in the plays may come far and few for many organizations.........Its' terrible to lose an opportunity like this because the core of our success on the field this year can and will change....

.....coaching and drafting keeps some organizations on the top more than others............

Hopefully Gettleman can be part of that effort............

Ref calls or not this game was the Panthers to win.....until that late 1st half drive to score a TD by SanFran changed the momentum for good........

Archived