• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are destined to win this game.

FearTheCats

The amount of disrespect the Panthers are receiving from the media and the 49ers and their fans is insurmountable. While it bothers me insanely, I believe it is a blessing in disguise. I believe the 49ers will not know what hit them after the game. Think about it, the family of Sam Mills pounding the Keep Pounding drum before the game, Tolbert's grandfather dying (his father-like figure, RIP) a few weeks back? The amount of intensity the Panthers are going to be playing with is going to be absolutely insane, especially Tolbert. Get ready Niners, because the Kraken is getting ready to eat and Tolbert is ready to destroy every single one of your defenders. I feel like we are destined to win this game, my prediction is 27-14 Panthers, Tolbert has a monstrous TD run in the late 4th quarter plowing over defenders to ice the game and a trip to Seattle. I could be completely wrong about this, and this thread may turn out to be a dud but I can just feel it in the air. Last but not least, Keep Pounding and GO PANTHERS!

I feel ya, Brotherman! I was worried about this game last Sunday, but after a week on the Huddle my confidence has grown. 9ers showing us no respect, Mike Mitchell and Riverboat's comments, Smitty screwing with the media, everyone picking against us, Mills/Keep Pounding, Smitty's we will see the Seahawks again comment from Week 1, Philly B's Argentina post from August.... It all bodes well for us. I feel like we embarrass them tomorrow.

I am so torn, internally. I've been cautious of all optimism on my part all season long. I've gone into every game thinking "we can win, but I don't know...". This is the first game I've gone into thinking "we've got this game". Kinda has me uneasy. But, then again, it's the playoffs. You're supposed to be confident. I just want a good showing. If we play to our abilities, I honestly feel like nobody in the league can beat us.

Overall we know this game is going to be emotional for the fans and the players. But that can only take you so far. The team has keep their on right and go out there and play their kind of football. I believe we can do it, but it will be tough. Hope we win and get ready to go to seattle this week.

Home teams are 2-0 this weekend.

According to TMQ:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/tmq140107/the-nfl-playoffs-cold-get-used-it

Since the current playoff format was adopted in 1990, home teams in the divisional round are 67-25, a 73 percent winning figure. The reason the hosts are at home in the first place is that they are the best teams. Equally important, in the divisional round, hosts have spent a bye week relaxing in hot tubs while their opponents were out being pounded. Home teams dominate the NFL divisional round -- check-mark them in your office pool. You don't even need to know who's playing!

Archived