• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown signs!!

CAPantherFan

There is nothing to dislike about his record, skills or performance in college. I don't think anyone could argue about the money for the caliber of player that EB is.

If you are still bent about giving up a 1st for what was essentially a 1st round draftee (getting paid 2nd round $) I can understand that somewhat but there is only one way to know if it will work...proof is in the pudding.

We needed a DE (especially w/ the Peppers uncertainty)...he was by far the best DE that we could have gotten in this draft and to fit our new Cover 2 scheme.

Not to sound like Gman, but i really dont like the brown pick. undersized DE's tend to not do that well, i prefer big guys at DE. For every freeney, there is a peppers, osi, allen, strahan, and more.

i hope im wrong

Yea, because we all know that the likes of Dwight Freeney and John Abraham suck.

You may prefer Big DE's, but your comment about small DE's is total BS.

All depends on the defensive scheme....and we have already seen how smallish DE's (Freeney and Mathis) do in Meek's scheme.

Yea, because we all know that the likes of Dwight Freeney and John Abraham suck.

You may prefer Big DE's, but your comment about small DE's is total BS.

All depends on the defensive scheme....and we have already seen how smallish DE's (Freeney and Mathis) do in Meek's scheme.

esp considering the "big DE" like Strahan and Osi.. lol

Strahan was Brown's weight by the end of his career.

Meeks has had a history of taking undersized defensive players and making them produce. Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are probably the lightest DE tandem in the league, but they both are very good.

There is nothing to dislike about his record, skills or performance in college. I don't think anyone could argue about the money for the caliber of player that EB is.

If you are still bent about giving up a 1st for what was essentially a 1st round draftee (getting paid 2nd round $) I can understand that somewhat but there is only one way to know if it will work...proof is in the pudding.

We needed a DE (especially w/ the Peppers uncertainty)...he was by far the best DE that we could have gotten in this draft and to fit our new Cover 2 scheme.

Question asked and answered...

its official today

per gantt

Agreed to on Saturday, signed on Tuesday. Maybe the fax was out of paper.

Anyway, Panthers second-round DE Everette Brown's four-year deal became official this afternoon.

Only one to go, CB Sherrod Martin. Then one to cut. Then camp.

The clock on summer is ticking.

Archived