• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown signs!!

CAPantherFan

Most, but not all (Mayock) had him rated as the best DE in the draft and gave him a first round grade. As with any draft pick there is a potential for greatness, or bustness. I am just crossing my fingers it's the former. :thumbsup:

mayock had him as a 2nd round talent..

That is hugely incorrect. He is second round talent purely by scheme. Around 4 or 5 teams converted to the 3-4 this season and it left a lot of players like Brown well down the wish list.

What you will see in the coming few years is the resurgence of the 4-3 or other similar base defences. The sudden surge to the 3-4 will drain the 'pool' of players that are capable of playing it and allow teams that follow the traditional 4-3 D, to pick uup the players that better suit it. In fact, the reason teams are doing so well with the 3-4, is because only a few teams originally employed it, allowing them the pick of the bunch of players that suited the scheme. Now it's a different kettle of fish. It's swings and roundabouts and a players worth in the NFL draft, is purely a reflection of the dominant schemes in the NFL at that specific time.

Brown was a first round player. His RECORD showed that. Players were picked above him because they simply suited teams scheme better. Do not be fooled into thinking that where a player is picked, is where their talent level resides.

Rep to You UrryMonster, Seeing more than what is in your face.

You 2 unicar15

klumme nice data set to put his weight in perspective.

Nice Posts.

Which is why he included Mayock in the "but not all" section...

yea..i must i have read wrong

but most people had him rated very high..but as the draft got closer his stock fell i think because

1.prior bust from FSU

3.3-4 teams upon further review felt he would not make a good move to OLB

4.his height and weight

5.lots of 4-3 teams felt he was only good to play RE and as a pass rusher,no versatility

Not to sound like Gman, but i really dont like the brown pick. undersized DE's tend to not do that well, i prefer big guys at DE. For every freeney, there is a peppers, osi, allen, strahan, and more.

i hope im wrong

Another negative post from you....why shoudl this surprise any of us.

God it must suck going through life looking for the worst that it has to offer.

Not to sound like Gman, but i really dont like the brown pick. undersized DE's tend to not do that well, i prefer big guys at DE. For every freeney, there is a peppers, osi, allen, strahan, and more.

i hope im wrong

Another negative post from you....why should this surprise any of us.

Not trying to bash you or anything, but you have to be the most negative/pessimistic person I have ever met.

God it must suck going through life looking for the worst that it has to offer.

Archived