• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Richardson's Will Calls for Sale of His Stake in Panthers

So the entire Richardson family only owns 47% of the team?  

Edit:  Nevermind... trying to figure it out is making my head hurt.

That's correct. In this context "majority owner" doesn't mean owning more than 50% of the entity, it means owning the single largest share of it. The Richardson family owns 47% of the team and the other 12 owners average around 4.16%. Maybe it makes more sense to think of it as a controlling interest rather an majority ownership.

That's correct. In this context "majority owner" doesn't mean owning more than 50% of the entity, it means owning the single largest share of it. The Richardson family owns 47% of the team and the other 12 owners average around 4.16%. Maybe it makes more sense to think of it as a controlling interest rather an majority ownership.

Correct. In the NFL an owner only needs to own 30% of a club - for a family, that would mean the owner needs to own at least 10% and the rest of his family would need to own at least 20%.

the dumbest part about all this is the "tax implications after you die" bs...  just transfer the poo to whoever is the rightful heir and stop taxing us to death fugging government.. they have to get their little piece on EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION.. i mean, if you think about it, the same things is gettign taxed, 2, 3, 4,  8 times ... IN THE SAME YEAR!.  its ridiculous...

/end rant. .

the dumbest part about all this is the "tax implications after you die" bs...  just transfer the poo to whoever is the rightful heir and stop taxing us to death fugging government.. they have to get their little piece on EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION.. i mean, if you think about it, the same things is gettign taxed, 2, 3, 4,  8 times ... IN THE SAME YEAR!.  its ridiculous...

/end rant. .

meh...

I mean where else could he have made this kind of money.....let the govt take their cut or go start a pro team in Namibia

Archived