• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

anderson or clemens?

I don't think that McCown is the answer and I don't think the Panthers staff thinks so either. They didn't let him throw a pass last year. I think that the only reason he's here is because Moore was injured. He (McCown) is the backup now because he has more experience, but I think that we have more faith in Moore. I'll have a better outlook after preseason. I don't expect Delhomme to play much in preason.

WRONG!! Hurney has always had his eye on McCown. Don't expect Moore in the mix at all. McCown will take this team over eventually. Just because the team gave delhomme an extension doesn't mean he'll play that contract all the way out. McCown will take the reigns over sooner than you think, Not this coming year but possibly in two

Has everyone in the world forgotten about Drew Stanton who was drafted a couple years ago by Detroit out of Michigan State in the third round(correct me if wrong). He was injured most of last year which is why he didnt play and obviously Detroit doesn't think too much of him which indicates he should be easy to acquire. I think we are kinda crowded at QB already with no really clearly defined backup. Next year we will probably acquire some fresh meat.

As for Derek Anderson 2007 wasn't a fluke. That year Jamaal Lewis was a beast showing he still had it and could dominate. Lewis was pretty bad last year, but the interior line wasnt much better. Braylon Edwards led the league in dropped passes. Kellen Winslow I dont even think played the whole season. Donte Stallworth has great speed but not sure hands and injury prone. Last year was a bad one all stemming from a poor run game. Put Anderson in a situation where the run game will be respected he would definitely excel.

I would love to see Anderson here, just worried what the cost would be. I don't know if Cleveland is as comfortable as it was after 2007 about getting rid of Anderson. Quinn looked poor last year and I always heard about how he was only throwing short passes in games. I watched him all the time at ND and never saw how he was 1st round talent. Neither was Josh Freeman also so...

Has everyone in the world forgotten about Drew Stanton who was drafted a couple years ago by Detroit out of Michigan State in the third round(correct me if wrong). He was injured most of last year which is why he didnt play and obviously Detroit doesn't think too much of him which indicates he should be easy to acquire. I think we are kinda crowded at QB already with no really clearly defined backup. Next year we will probably acquire some fresh meat.

As for Derek Anderson 2007 wasn't a fluke. That year Jamaal Lewis was a beast showing he still had it and could dominate. Lewis was pretty bad last year, but the interior line wasnt much better. Braylon Edwards led the league in dropped passes. Kellen Winslow I dont even think played the whole season. Donte Stallworth has great speed but not sure hands and injury prone. Last year was a bad one all stemming from a poor run game. Put Anderson in a situation where the run game will be respected he would definitely excel.

Just to respond to your post.

1. Derek Anderson's season in 2007 was a fluke

2. Jamal Lewis was not bad he had 1,002 yards and 4 TD's

3. Braylon Edwards Sucks

4. Kellen Winslow now plays for the Bucs.

5. Donte Stallworth won't even play this year do to his off field situation.

6. According to ESPN Brady Quinn is the starter going into camp

Alright I am done.

Stanton is someone I'd been looking at as a possible QB since his college career. He actually played decent in his very limited amount of snaps last year.

If Detroit lets Drew and the rookie battle it out with Daunte for starting supremacy, I mean, Culpepper is washed up and Stafford has a bit of a learning curve ahead of him at the pro level, he has a shot. On the other hand, Detroit might not see it because that team is run by pigeons. So he might be an odd man out on that team.

I swear is there no such thing as being content with a Quarterback situation.

Jake Delhomme will be here until he retires in probably three to seven years. Josh McCown will then take over as the starter, the dude can play football. Matt Moore will backup McCown and Cantwell will be the third string QB. Sounds good to me.

bird_in_awe.gif

I don't think that McCown is the answer and I don't think the Panthers staff thinks so either. They didn't let him throw a pass last year. I think that the only reason he's here is because Moore was injured. He (McCown) is the backup now because he has more experience, but I think that we have more faith in Moore. I'll have a better outlook after preseason. I don't expect Delhomme to play much in preason.

i did see in the usa today sports (with the manning boys on the cover) that fox said the back-up qb position is open and matt and josh will compete for it.take it how you want to.......no link.

McCown is fine. He just never got a legit chance to prove himself worthy. All the teams he played for before the Panthers sucked. The Lions were and still are horrendous, the Raiders were and still are terrible, and the Cardnials were bad and now they have a decent team thanks to Fizty and Warner.

Replace McCown with Carr, and Lions/Cardinals/Raiders with Texans, and thats exactly what some of our fans were saying a couple of years ago.

Archived