• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great article about Cam on ESPN by Chadiha

JawnyBlaze

I like the commentaries on that article. And most of the negative ones are hyperbole. You know a player is great when people can only use hyperbole to define thme. But my favorite comment(I didn't read them all) is this one:

As a 49er fan, I would love to have Cam Newton as our QB. No knock on CK7 by any means. He has less talent at the WR core though. Cam is accurate and can through the deep ball well. It will be scary if Carolina had a balance offense and had some real threats at WR. I know people will say Steve Smith, but he is aging.

49ers will win Sunday though. I just think Cam is a good QB.

I notice that a lot of Hawks fans and 9ers fans are high on Cam.

I like the commentaries on that article. And most of the negative ones are hyperbole. You know a player is great when people can only use hyperbole to define thme. But my favorite comment(I didn't read them all) is this one:

I notice that a lot of Hawks fans and 9ers fans are high on Cam.

They know Cam is better/as good, but just has fewer big play weapons. We have the weapons to do what we've done on offense this year, but not the type to hit a homerun ball at any moment.

W's and L's would be my guess...the ways we lost compared to the ways we won this year. You know how the media pins it all on the QB

But bradford hasn't done poo in 4 years. It seems like the high standard only applies to certain QB. Bradford is going into his 5th year but all people talk about is how he's still a talented QB. Don't get me started on Cutler. Cam is 12-4 in his 3rd year. What gives?

W's and L's would be my guess...the ways we lost compared to the ways we won this year. You know how the media pins it all on the QB

Only because they know the Panthers fans already hate Cam, which make their job of selling such BS even more easy.

FYI, Matthew, Bradford, RG III, are three QBs whose teams have regressed or simply fallen short since they became their so called "franchised" QB. A label none of them has yet to earn. Where is the blame on them? Even worst is how many of you are justify the Media's BS about the 2012 season by claiming it's all about wins,when it was clear that 5 of the team's loses were the direct fault of the Defense. Just think about it, those 5 wins in 2011 and 2012 seasons would have put the Panthers in the play-offs in both cases. 

I can't believe the level some of you have gone to want so much out of this kid, while pinning so much of the team's downfall on him. I guess if the Panthers don't advance this Sunday it's time to get rid of Cam. SMH 

ESPN and their story lines.

They want to make everything into a soap opera.

Cam has never been a bad QB. His numbers were slihtly down because we lost Shockey, but at the end of the season, he led the team to win 5 out of the last 6 games.

His actual 'maturity' (ESPN's words, not mine) started improving in November last year, not this year.

I wonder when will those grown behind folks at EPSN mature.

Talk about always trying to spin things to save their own face from looking like the asses that they are.

Only because they know the Panthers fans already hate Cam, which make their job of selling such BS even more easy.

FYI, Matthew, Bradford, RG III, are three QBs whose teams have regressed or simply fallen short since they became their so called "franchised" QB. A label none of them has yet to earn. Where is the blame on them? Even worst is how many of you are justify the Media's BS about the 2012 season by claiming it's all about wins,when it was clear that 5 of the team's loses were the direct fault of the Defense. Just think about it, those 5 wins in 2011 and 2012 seasons would have put the Panthers in the play-offs in both wins. 

I can't believe the level some of you have gone to want so much out of this kid, while pinning every team downfall on him.

I guess if the Panthers don't advance this Sunday it's time to get rid of Cam. SMH 

I just saw Peter "the douche" King onf PTI. Looks like he's a popular media guy,  seems like he can make it hard on someone if he doesn't like them. At the end of the day this is still about sports. If it weren't for the athletes no one would care what the writers say. For example, I've never read a Hockey related article in my live since I don't watch the sport. I bet there is a Peter King in Hockey too but doesn't exist to me.

If you're trying to pinpoint a specific moment when Cam matured, in his extended interview on fox he says last offseason Cecil sat him down and made him watch his postgame interviews and clips of him sulking on the bench. According to Cam before that moment he only really saw himself as competitive, but a 3rd person perspective changed his stance.

I didn't read the article yet. 

But isn't this writer a bit late to the party with his title?

The team is already 12-4, are in the playoffs, and Cam and the offense have had a nice stretch a different parts of the season in which he got credit for. 

It just sounds a little silly to say this now, unless the article was republished (didn't he write something like this earlier this year)? 

Let it go ESPN (if this was recent). 

Archived