• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have a question about over-the-air HD...

SorthNarolina

does it go all the way up to 1080p? I'm debating about whether or not to buy a large 24" monitor for my computer so I can watch games in HD.

I get my HD with rabbit ears so I need to know if it comes in at 1080p so I know my investment will be worth it. Otherwise I'll just stick to good ol' 720p.

does it go all the way up to 1080p? I'm debating about whether or not to buy a large 24" monitor for my computer so I can watch games in HD.

I get my HD with rabbit ears so I need to know if it comes in at 1080p so I know my investment will be worth it. Otherwise I'll just stick to good ol' 720p.

No broadcast stations are in 1080p. At least not yet. All broadcasts are in 1080i or 720p.

Doesn't matter how big your monitor is, if the resolution's too big, your software will downscale it. Even at 24" it's almost impossible to tell between the resolutions.

Unless you have a 50" or bigger, you'll notice very little difference between 720 and 1080. If you run a blu ray on a 720 under 50" and sit it next to a 1080p, there is minimal difference at best.

Right now the only source to get 1080p form is BluRay or the now defunct HDDVD. I prefer 720p to 1080i any day, no chance for artifacts on the screen. There is always the option of running all your sources through an upconverting AVR, like a 4 digit Denon. It will take a 480 input signal and upscale it to 720, or turn SD into HD. It will upscale a 720 signal, i or p, and output 1080p. Now, granted its not "true HD" but short of a trained eye and knowing what to look for, the difference in about impossible to tell. So all your sources can be upscaled, all you will be watching is High Definition, what more do you need?

Right now the only source to get 1080p form is BluRay or the now defunct HDDVD. I prefer 720p to 1080i any day, no chance for artifacts on the screen. There is always the option of running all your sources through an upconverting AVR, like a 4 digit Denon. It will take a 480 input signal and upscale it to 720, or turn SD into HD. It will upscale a 720 signal, i or p, and output 1080p. Now, granted its not "true HD" but short of a trained eye and knowing what to look for, the difference in about impossible to tell. So all your sources can be upscaled, all you will be watching is High Definition, what more do you need?

Hey, maybe you should start your own business in this field or something... :D

Archived