• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

why did we talk to losman?

scpanther22

lots of good choices that could work out here depending on the way the offense was going to go.

i posted this list a couple times around the draft:

guys with a * may wait until 2011 but could easily come out next year. draft projections are from WalterFootball.com

Sam Bradford*, Oklahoma

Height: 6-4. Weight: 214.

Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

Projected Round (2010): Top 3 Pick.

Stats from last year

Passing Att:483, Comp:328, Comp% 67.9, yards:4720, TDs:50, Ints:8 Rating:180.84

I'll just leave it at that.

The Golden Calf of Bristol, Florida

Height: 6-3. Weight: 235.

Projected 40 Time: 4.52.

Projected Round (2010): 1-2.

He'll try to prove in 2009 year why he should be one of the top QBs drafted and that he deserves to play the QB position....much in the same way that Pat White did (or tried to do).

Colt McCoy, Texas

Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.

Projected 40 Time: 4.69.

Projected Round (2010): 1-2.

Incredible guy and QB. Easily one of the top 2 or 3 QBs taken next year.

2008 stats

Passing Att:433, Comp:332, Comp%:76.7, Yards:3859 (highest in NCAA last year), TDs:34, INTs:8, Rating:173.75 (3rd highest last year)

Rushing Att:136, Yards:561, TDs:11

Daryll Clark, Penn State

Height: 6-2. Weight: 231.

Projected 40 Time: 4.65.

Projected Round (2010): 5.

Great leadership qualities. Type that carries the team on his shoulders and takes responsibility for losses. Dual-threat quarterback.

stats from last year:

Att:321, Comp:192, Pct:59.8, Yds:2,592, TD:19, Int:6, Rating:143.4

Rushing...Att:79, Yds:282, TD:10

Tony Pike, Cincinnati

Height: 6-6. Weight: 225.

Projected 40 Time: 4.81.

Projected Round (2010): 5-6.

He's a big mobile guy who, even though he missed 3 games last year because of a broken arm, threw over 2400 yards and 19 TDs and 11 INTs. Team is going to be using the no huddle a lot next year. Worth watching.

Jevan Snead*, Ole Miss

Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.

Projected 40 Time: 4.66.

Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.

Had a pretty good year last year..nothing stellar. He was new to the team and system and lacked confidence the first half but picked up speed the second half. Towards the end became much more confident in his understanding of the plays and his ability to read defenses. He also gained in and the confidence of the players around him. He is smart and is going to be used next year to call a lot of his own plays or change plays as he sees fit. One to watch next year for sure.

Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State

Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.

Projected 40 Time: 4.62.

Projected Round (2010): 3

what they said about him going into last year:

the result:

Passing Att:314, Comp:204,Comp%: 65.0, yards:3064, TDs:25, Ints:10, rating:166.84

Rushing Att:146, yards: 562, TDs:8

Dan LeFevour*, Central Michigan

Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.

Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

Projected Round (2010): 4.

Good passer and good runner. Known for wearing out defenses because you never know what he is going to do and is good enough at everything that you have to respect every part of his game.

Career stats 2006-2008

Passing Att:1307, Comp:853, Comp%:65.3, Yards:9,467, TDs:74, Ints:29, Rating: 140.4

Rushing: Att:488, Yards:2,235, TDs:32

Pat Devlin*, Delaware

Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.

Projected 40 Time: 4.74.

Projected Round (2010): 2.

More a curiosity than anything because of the guys big arm. Was playing behind Daryll Clark at PSU and was set to take over in 2009 but Clark got another year of eligibility so Devlin went to Delaware. We'll see how he does there.

Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

Height: 6-5. Weight: 228.

Projected 40 Time: 4.94.

Projected Round (2010): 2-3

Last year blew up. averaged 293 yards per game. Threw 36 TDs but only 10 Ints. Almost 4000 yards. 64.9 comp%.

Jake Locker*, Washington

Height: 6-3. Weight: 223.

Projected 40 Time: 4.59.

Projected Round (2010): 4-5.

He missed a lot of games last year because of a broken thumb. he was the starter his freshman year and had no talent around him so his stats weren't great but he was named ncaa freshman of the year. he'll be a junior next year and has a much better coach. worth watching. btw...highlights as a freshman:

Juice Williams, Illinois

Height: 6-2. Weight: 233.

Projected 40 Time: 4.67.

Projected Round (2010): 4-5.

Has potential. Offense next year is probably going to be pretty pass happy, we'll see how he does. Most definitely will be a pro and good at what ever position he plays. Next year will decide if that will be QB or not.

this list looks like a lot of slash guys...QB/WR..the thing is i dont think all these guys will come out.but if they have to come out.i find it hard that we will get one with a low 2nd round pick.

locker is my sleeper,but with a good season he will shoot up the boards.
i'm watching him pretty closely this next year. he's a good kid and we might have to wait another year for him but it might be worth it.

this list looks like a lot of slash guys...QB/WR..the thing is i dont think all these guys will come out.but if they have to come out.i find it hard that we will get one with a low 2nd round pick.
just how many QBs do you think are going to be taken in the 1st round?

there have only been 5 times in the past 30 years that there have been 4+ QBs taken in the first round and there hasn't been one case where more than 5 was taken. this is a deep QB class and there are going to be some quality players falling.

i'm watching him pretty closely this next year. he's a good kid and we might have to wait another year for him but it might be worth it.

just how many QBs do you think are going to be taken in the 1st round?

there have only been 5 times in the past 30 years that there have been 4+ QBs taken in the first round and there hasn't been one case where more than 5 was taken. this is a deep QB class and there are going to be some quality players falling.

i dont think all of those QBs will be coming out in one year some will go back to school.and some will have bad seasons and kill there stock

these are the teams that i can see takeing QBs ahead of us

Seattle Seahawks

St. Louis Rams

Buffalo Bills

Oakland Raiders

San Francisco 49ers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Washington Redskins

Minnesota Vikings

Denver Broncos

what great QBs will be left after this.lol

A former Buffalo Bills employee has been indicted in state court for stealing from the team. Shockingly, this person is not former quarterback J.P. Losman. Buffalo fans were stunned to learn that their team was pressing theft charges against someone other than the 2004 first-round bust out of Tulane.

Former administrative assistant Bonnie Krauss, and not the new quarterback for the UFL’s Las Vegas franchise, plead not guilty to charges she embezzled $70,382 while employed by the Bills.

Krauss, who, unlike Losman,was not among a class of draftees that included Ben Roethisberger, Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning, has been accused of unlawfully falsifying team documents for her personal gain but not of accepting millions of dollars to suck ass, get hurt and throw interceptions.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/07/former-employee-not-named-jp-losman-charged-with-stealing-thousands-from-buffalo-bills.html#comments

i dont think all of those QBs will be coming out in one year some will go back to school.and some will have bad seasons and kill there stock

these are the teams that i can see takeing QBs ahead of us

St. Louis Rams

San Francisco 49ers

Washington Redskins

Minnesota Vikings

Denver Broncos

what great QBs will be left after this.lol

i can see these teams taking QBs in the first. everything else is fair play. no way all those teams you listed take QBs before we do.

just like some might fall others might rise.

point is there is going to be a a lot of depth at QB next year and enough that we can find a good one if the FO wants one. most likely the one that we target isn't going to be one that is likely among the top 3-5 taken.

there will only be 5-6 max taken in the first 2 rounds. last 30 years there has only been 3 years that there have been 5+ taken in the first 2 rounds.

anyway, just because someone is taken early doesn't in anyway mean that they are worth that early pick. if we are going to pick one on day one next year the right one will fall that fits the system. there will be enough to choose from and i have little doubt that if we want someone that slips a bit we will be trading up in the draft just like we have the past two years for other positions that we need.

Archived