• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How would you guys like to trade Quarterbacks

Thrasher

Lame thread first of all. The only stat worth mentioning for QBs is W/L record. Campbell is 16-20 with no winning seasons.

Jake is 50-31 with only 1 losing season in 6 years. Jake won the division last year, led us to the superbowl and has 18 4th quarter comeback wins and 12 of those within 2 minutes. What has Campbell done exactly? Potential is meaningless, Ryan Leaf had a lot of potential also.

Jason Campbell is all "potential". He has never actually shown he can play the position as well as Jake can. Now regardless of how good you think Delhomme is....Jason hasn't done squat in comparison.

Jason has improved each season he's played whereas Jake hasn't.

lol 4th Quarter comebacks is the only reason why you wanna hold on to a 34 yr old QB on the decline?

one of Fox's standard lines I do agree that stats aren't important. Jake is basically the same QB that we had in 03. Same strengths and same weaknesses.....differents stats. If he was good enough for Carolina then....he is good enough now.

KK that's not what I interpreted him to be saying at all. OBC didn't say a word in that post about keeping him due to 4th Q comebacks. He just said you can kiss that aspect goodbye which is FACTUALLY correct vis a vis their two careers. I know you hate Jake immensely and that's your right but that's not fair of you to use your hate to put words in his mouth to make him look like a homer or a BDJS or whatever you guys call people who stick up for him.

Not this year. We've been all about continuity this offseason and changing quarterbacks would ruin everything great about keeping basically the same team.

He's a Panther for awhile whether anyone here likes it or not. I'm sure they'll look in the next few years to draft or find their heir and Jake will be here to help groom that guy.

Lame thread first of all. The only stat worth mentioning for TEAMS is W/L record. Campbell is 16-20 with no winning seasons.

Jake is 50-31 with only 1 losing season in 6 years. Our running game won the division last year, led us to the superbowl SIX YEARS AGO! and has 18 4th quarter comeback wins (Yeah screw the whole game overall where he's played bad. Hes the 4th qtr King! Hmm...maybe a connection between that and the comebacks?) and 12 of those within 2 minutes. What has Campbell done exactly? Potential is meaningless, Ryan Leaf had a lot of potential also.

Fixed.

lol you are actually comparing Campbell to Ryan Leaf. Give me a break. Ryan was sh*t from day one. Campbell has improved every single year. His completion percentage and QB rating have gone up each year.

KK that's not what I interpreted him to be saying at all. OBC didn't say a word in that post about keeping him due to 4th Q comebacks. He just said you can kiss that aspect goodbye which is FACTUALLY correct vis a vis their two careers. I know you hate Jake immensely and that's your right but that's not fair of you to use your hate to put words in his mouth to make him look like a homer or a BDJS or whatever you guys call people who stick up for him.

Well if thats what he meant, then I retract that. It's easy to interpret that the way I did. But I still believe his 4th quarter comebacks have been immensely blown out of proportion here.

one of Fox's standard lines I do agree that stats aren't important. Jake is basically the same QB that we had in 03. Same strengths and same weaknesses.....differents stats. If he was good enough for Carolina then....he is good enough now.

Different stats? No, not really at all.

2003: 59.2% 3219PY 19TDs 16INTS

2009: 59.4% 3288PY 15TDs 12INTS

2009 4th quarter comebacks: 3 (SD, GB, NO)

2003 4th quarter comebacks: A ridiculous 7 in regular season (8 if you include TB in week 2 which was technically an OT comeback).

Different stats? No, not really at all.

2003: 59.2% 3219PY 19TDs 16INTS

2009: 59.4% 3288PY 15TDs 12INTS

2009 4th quarter comebacks: 3 (SD, GB, NO)

2003 4th quarter comebacks: A ridiculous 7 in regular season (8 if you include TB in week 2 which was technically an OT comeback).

well, I wasn't really just talking about those two seasons only. He has been the same guy over course of his career.... in 04 and 05 he but up some better numbers than his last few.

Fixed.

lol you are actually comparing Campbell to Ryan Leaf. Give me a break. Ryan was sh*t from day one. Campbell has improved every single year. His completion percentage and QB rating have gone up each year.

No I'm not.

But if you want to I can.

All 3 of Ryan's seasons he improved in completion %. lol

Yea thanks Fireball.

The only point I'm trying to make is that Delhomme is good enough. Hell I would love for us to have someone like Manning, buts not in our hand. and Campbell although promising wouldn't be worth the pick up. For all Jake's faults, his pocket presence, his Smitty laser lock, his some times ignorant forceful throws, and his ability to let his emotions get the best of him, he is still the 4th qtr king. You might say well if we had a better QB we wouldn't have to comeback in the 4th qtr, which maybe true but is Campbell good enough to keep us out of those situations? And when the crunch time comes can he lead his team out the 4th qtr? Personally I don't think so, at least not consistently that's why Manning and Brady are the best. Delhomme doesn't dominate the position but you can trust him to win games, more often then not.

Archived