• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are "very close" to a contract with brown

scpanther22

Yeah if that "undersized" defensive end can impress the behemoth that is Otah then I have absolutely no worries about him. Contract can't get signed soon enough.

you have to remember it was with no pads..i am a lil concerned about haveing him over on LE..meeks had small DE on that side in indy.but he got ran over all the time..i think teams will test him early if he starts the same thing with marshall. teams will test the both of them.

but thats if he starts and i dont think he will this year.

I am a lil concerned about haveing him over on LE..meeks had small DE on that side in indy.but he got ran over all the time..i think teams will test him early if he starts

You have to remember though that Colts did not only start smallish DE´s but also sometime started DT´s who had the same size as Brown. No wonder their run D had problems sometimes.

And Colts run D was not bad every year Meeks was in charge.

you have to remember it was with no pads..i am a lil concerned about haveing him over on LE..meeks had small DE on that side in indy.but he got ran over all the time..i think teams will test him early if he starts the same thing with marshall. teams will test the both of them.

but thats if he starts and i dont think he will this year.

Well with our LB corps, two very physical corners*, and much bigger DT's, I don't think we'll have a problem there

*Who thought we'd be calling Gamble physical compared to all the poo he got back in 06...

I don't see how we can be affected by the fact we used a first round pick next year to acquire Brown in his contract. He should be paid for the spot he was picked in, no questions asked.

Living in Indiana I watched Meek's defense for countless years. Brown is comparable to Robert Mathis and I hope both will be used in the same respect. Mathis was purely a situational pass rusher, he was never out there on first down's and running situations. I believe strongly Brown will be used that way at least initially.

With less than $1 million in reported cap space to sign 2 2nds and a 3rd, we will either be releasing players( L. Johnson, J. Anderson, Salley, etc.) or restructuring contracts. Thanx Pep

I would love to see a report on how much cap room we have...

Last I heard we have over 2 mil in cap space. Then we made cuts to Lucas, Hackett, and a few others... I believe that was reported after we were expected to carry Pep's 16 mil..

So am curious what the actual number may be..

Archived