• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could the bye week be a bad thing?

neverlosethefeeling

Bye week offers a chance for healing, physical therapy, extra preparation and strategy to focus on less teams and an opportunity to play at home...............if a team can't utilize that to their advantage they only have themselves to blame..........

I'd take a bye week every time it is possible to obtain to start the playoffs...

No one should bring up 08 as an excuse for not wanting a bye week.  Delhomme's arm was officially done for leading up to that game, and the next season that much was confirmed.  The guy was sailing balls all over the place, and he could no longer fire them in there. (The results after the surgery he had during the 2007 season)  That playoff lost was completely on Delhomme and not on the team's readiness to play.  If you want to say recent history, teams that had a bye week didn't win a superbowl, fine.  Yet don't mention the playoff lost to the Cardinals because that was all on Delhomme.  With that said, you always want a bye week in the playoffs, no question.  Overall history shows us the teams that have a bye week, have the best chance of winning the superbowl.

Yet if anyone doesn't want the Panthers to have a bye week, I don't think it's because of them wanting the Panthers to stay on a roll as it were.  I think they just want to see the Panthers play period, not wanting to wait until the next week.  Hehe, I understand that feeling, just be patient for crying out loud.  Read a book. B)

So some of you would rather have to go on the road and win three games...two of those likely in NO and Seattle.....over playing two games one of them at home to get to the SB.

That is fuging idiotic.

Especially since that would put SF as the 6 seed....and they can beat Seattle in Seattle. Would would have a home playoff game with a decent shot at both home playoff games.

You know something. Up until very recently I was on the side that thought a first round bye would be bad for us, but then I thought if we dont get a first round bye that means we have to play three games as opposed to two. I say fug it, lets get the 1st round bye and just pretend we won our first playoff match with two more games remaining.

Archived