• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could the bye week be a bad thing?

neverlosethefeeling

Never said any of that. Perhaps you could stick to the facts, instead of putting words in my mouth?

The good teams that win championships win the games that they have to win, wherever, and whenever they are played. Do you think the players just sit around whining that they have to play a team on the road? If they did, we wouldn't be winning many games.

I want the Panthers to win wherever they are, but I'm not going to throw up the white flag just because they may not get to play at home.

Maybe you should go back and check your posts. You said you like our chances more with continuity. Those are your words.

Do you realize how statistically insignificant a sample size of 3 is?  It's hardly a large enough sample to draw any kind of real conclusion off of.

Do you realize that in my first post about that sample size, I qualified those statistics by saying "It's not a large sample size?"

But by your logic, there really would be no statistic that should matter. Go back to 2008? Nope, don't do that because this team is so different. Go back 3 years, a relevant time frame considering the makeup and leadership of this team? Nope, too small. So we'd need to have Ron and Cam playing the next 500 seasons before we could make a statistically significant observation.

I want the Panthers to win wherever they are, but I'm not going to throw up the white flag just because they may not get to play at home.

No one said anything about throwing up a white flag . We are just discussing what gives the best chances for success. I'm happy to play any team. But if I had to choose our house or theirs there is only one answer....every single time

Maybe you should go back and check your posts. You said you like our chances more with continuity. Those are your words.

That was in regards to the issue of the bye week, not playing at home in itself. I never said I didn't want us to play at home.

I'm really not sure why you are making this so difficult to understand.

Do you realize that in my first post about that sample size, I qualified those statistics by saying "It's not a large sample size?"

But by your logic, there really would be no statistic that should matter. Go back to 2008? Nope, don't do that because this team is so different. Go back 3 years, a relevant time frame considering the makeup and leadership of this team? Nope, too small. So we'd need to have Ron and Cam playing the next 500 seasons before we could make a statistically significant observation.

Ha...this is funny...and true

That was in regards to the issue of the bye week, not playing at home in itself. I never said I didn't want us to play at home.

I'm really not sure why you are making this so difficult to understand.

What situation would we not have a bye AND play at home.

You can keep trying to insulting me if you feel like you must. Your insults are as effective as this point that you're struggling to make.

That's absolutely my logic.  There is no statistic that would lead me to not take a bye (essentially an automatic win) and home field advantage over having to play in the first round of the playoffs.  Like I said, no coach ever would turn down a bye and automatic berth in the second round of the playoffs and home field advantage because he was scared of a bye week hangover.  There is so much change in every team year to year that it's hard to draw any conclusions year to year.  Who saw the Texans competing for the #1 overall pick?  They were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders.  Who saw the Falcons being the first team officially eliminated from the playoffs this year?  They were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders.  On the flip side, who saw KC being the last undefeated team remaining standing?  They had the #1 overall pick last year.

This is the dumbest conversation I've ever had on this site and that's saying A LOT.

What situation would we not have a bye AND play at home.

You can keep trying to insulting me if you feel like you must. Your insults are as effective as this point that you're struggling to make.

I don't care for bye weeks. I established this with my first post in the thread.

Oh, and I haven't insulted you. I didn't question your fan hood, or accuse you of rooting for the Saints, like you did to me just because we disagreed. You're not exactly doing your bar any favors by acting like this on a forum that you actively advertise said bar on.

How is this even a question? It is called a BYE because you skip a whole round. 4 teams will be

eliminated that weekend!

Think of it like this... maybe you watch Survivor or Top Chef or another dumb show like it?

We will have IMMUNITY in the Wild Card round. SMFH

It is not about earning the week off, but earning what amounts to a playoff win.

I don't care for bye weeks. I established this with my first post in the thread.

Oh, and I haven't insulted you. I didn't question your fan hood, or accuse you of rooting for the Saints, like you did to me just because we disagreed. You're not exactly doing your bar any favors by acting like this on a forum that you actively advertise said bar on.

Acted like what, man? There's another backhanded insult attempt.

And it's not a bar it's a party. And I'm not advertising I'm inviting fans to join. We had 2200 people there yesterday. I don't need to do too much advertising. However, as a Panthers fan I like to include other fans in the good times with our team. You're still welcome to come join even though all you want to do is cut me down.

That's absolutely my logic.  There is no statistic that would lead me to not take a bye (essentially an automatic win) and home field advantage over having to play in the first round of the playoffs.  Like I said, no coach ever would turn down a bye and automatic berth in the second round of the playoffs and home field advantage because he was scared of a bye week hangover.  There is so much change in every team year to year that it's hard to draw any conclusions year to year.  Who saw the Texans competing for the #1 overall pick?  They were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders.  Who saw the Falcons being the first team officially eliminated from the playoffs this year?  They were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders.  On the flip side, who saw KC being the last undefeated team remaining standing?  They had the #1 overall pick last year.

This is the dumbest conversation I've ever had on this site and that's saying A LOT.

Ouch, Charlie. That really hurt.

Acted like what, man? There's another backhanded insult attempt.

And it's not a bar it's a party. And I'm not advertising I'm inviting fans to join. We had 2200 people there yesterday. I don't need to do too much advertising. However, as a Panthers fan I like to include other fans in the good times with our team. You're still welcome to come join even though all you want to do is cut me down.

I'd be glad to, as long as you aren't going to guilt trip me to death in person as well.

Archived