• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could the bye week be a bad thing?

neverlosethefeeling

You know what else could be bad? Having to play 1st round. We could lose or have injuries to deal with. Besides, don't teams get a week off before Super Bowl? Need to get use to it now.

Yes but in that case, both teams will be affected by the lack of continuity. In this case, we'd be playing a team in the divisional round that also played in the wildcard round.

Apparently no road team has ever gone into a hostile environment in the playoffs, and kicked the other teams ass before.

That's what I'm gathering from this thread.

More teams have won after a bye than upsetting a team that's unbeatable at home.

You want us to finish 5th is what I'm gathering from your posts

So, because Jake had the worst game of his entire life and threw the game away to the Cardinals years ago, we're now afraid of a playoff bye week.  This roster, coaching staff, and entire organization is so different from way back then that I don't even see why that game is so much as being mentioned in this conversation.

No football coach ever would rather have to play a game to get to the second round of the playoffs over being there automatically and knowing he was going to have home field advantage.

So, because Jake had the worst game of his entire life and threw the game away to the Cardinals years ago, we're now afraid of a playoff bye week. This roster, coaching staff, and entire organization is so different from way back then that I don't even see why that game is so much as being mentioned in this conversation.

No football coach ever would rather have to play a game to get to the second round of the playoffs over being there automatically and knowing he was going to have home field advantage.

Thinking anything other than this hurts my head. Plus it means you want us to lose another game in the regular season....which also hurts my head.

Archived