• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delhomme: "I didn't play well"

scpanther22

"I'm going to get asked that question in training camp, I'm going to get asked that question leading up to the first game, and if I have a bad game this year, that's going to be brought up, but you know what?" Delhomme told Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe. "It's part of the deal. It's part of the contract I signed in third grade to play quarterback. I didn't play well and I'm the first one to admit it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/19/delhomme-i-didnt-play-well/

I just read this on PFT too... this is not anything new is it? Jake has been saying this same thing since right after the game... he's owned up to his play, everything he says is right... the very next bad play, bad game, interception, turnover, whatever, the media hounds will be all over him... he's just got to deal with it.

Yes, he took the blame for the entire loss even though the Panthers D let Fitzgerald run wild through them for over 2 quarters.

Yes he did. He's willing, as the leader of the team, to take the blame when the team falters. If you can name five starting QB's who willingly and intentionally throw themselves under the bus in the name of their team mates then I will show you five NFL teams who are in pretty damn good shape.

Archived