• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we lose next week and SF and AZ win, ATL is a must win

CardiacCats

Lol did this really go from a we could be out of the playoffs to a how to get the #1 seed thread?

Sent from my XT1060 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

At least it stayed relatively on topic, unlike what happens with most thread de-railings.

Did you know a group of monkeys is called a "troop."?

That's not true. SEA has the #1 seed locked up.

Seattle has not even secured their division yet. So they cannot have the #1 seed locked up. As improbable as it sounds, it is still possible for the Panthers to get the #1 seed. As others have already stated, if we win out we are the NFC South Champs at 12-4. Then S.F. would also have to win out making them 12-4 and Seattle would have to lose their final two against the Cards and the Rams making them 12-4 also, that would give the NFC west title to the 49ers making the Seahawks a wildcard team. since we already own the head to head over S.F., the Panthers would have the #1 seed and  home field through out.

Highly unlikely, but fun none the less.

The only way we miss the playoffs is if both these happen:

AZ and SF win next week

We lose out

Actually no that is the point of this thread. If AZ wins next week and we lose we would be out of the playoffs but az still has to play sf the following week. If az wins next week and we lose but we beat the falcons the last week and az loses against sf then we make the playoffs. The chance that az wins both next week and the week after is small to nil.

Actually no that is the point of this thread. If AZ wins next week and we lose we would be out of the playoffs but az still has to play sf the following week. If az wins next week and we lose but we beat the falcons the last week and az loses against sf then we make the playoffs. The chance that az wins both next week and the week after is small to nil.

Not exactly correct. AZ and SF play again. So obviously one will have another loss. All we need to do is win one more game.

Think about what I wrote... It's right. You'll get there

Not exactly correct. AZ and SF play again. So obviously one will have another loss. All we need to do is win one more game.

Yeah that was in my reply. I said that if we lose against the saints and az wins, we can still get in the playoffs if we beat atl the final week as az and sf have to play each other. I know I did say that at least.

There are only two teams left who can challenge us for the last Wild card spot if we if we managed to lose the last two games. Arizona and Detroit.

Detroit's North or bust. They control their destiny for the division since they swept the Bears, and they're eliminated from WC contention since they couldn't not win the division and have more than 9 wins. 

Your 10-6 scenario to get in involves either ARZ losing out, or CHI/DET winning out and ARZ losing one of their last 2. The Lions would win the North and the Bears would join you and the Cards in the 10-6 derby, which the Panthers would advance because of conference record (7-5 vs 6-6 for the other 2)

Archived