• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone get directv NFL Season Pass?

Whitaker 24

Mintal, you obviously go to the bar with friends that have jobs. I wish this was the case for me but it is not.

Watching the Panther's game solo:

2 pitchers @ $10-$15/pitcher (Depending on if it's crap beer or good beer.)

Tri-tip sandwich @ $8

Tip is always minimum 25% for me, unless the girl is a total bitch.

Gas to get there because I live 17 miles away is about $5

Total: $40-$50

Now if I go with my deadbeat Raider fan friends it tends to be double that.

Watching it @ my house only has the Sunday Ticket cost plus a 12 pack of something good lasts me two games. Plus since it's 10:00 Pacific time when I start watching football, the wife usually makes me a huge bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, etc. breakfast, mostly because she is so happy that I'm not gone for the whole day at the bar on the sabbath.

Mintal, you obviously go to the bar with friends that have jobs. I wish this was the case for me but it is not.

Watching the Panther's game solo:

2 pitchers @ $10-$15/pitcher (Depending on if it's crap beer or good beer.)

Tri-tip sandwich @ $8

Tip is always minimum 25% for me, unless the girl is a total bitch.

Gas to get there because I live 17 miles away is about $5

Total: $40-$50

Now if I go with my deadbeat Raider fan friends it tends to be double that.

Watching it @ my house only has the Sunday Ticket cost plus a 12 pack of something good lasts me two games. Plus since it's 10:00 Pacific time when I start watching football, the wife usually makes me a huge bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, etc. breakfast, mostly because she is so happy that I'm not gone for the whole day at the bar on the sabbath.

Sorry, man, I feel, this fuggin' economy. Well I usually go to early church, 8:30, so that is not a problem, You're right, I don't usually count mileage into the equation since I drive 3,000 miles a month for my job and only get paid for 1290 miles of it, so mileage doesn't really effect me... Even at that, I'm well compensated for the miles I drive. I don't have a wife to be upset about me being at the bar anymore. So it's a win, win, loss for me. I don't get that great breakfast though, you think you could talk to her, I'd be so appreciative. Grocery stores now sell dry ice... :D

Sorry, man, I feel, this fuggin' economy. Well I usually go to early church, 8:30, so that is not a problem, You're right, I don't usually count mileage into the equation since I drive 3,000 miles a month for my job and only get paid for 1290 miles of it, so mileage doesn't really effect me... Even at that, I'm well compensated for the miles I drive. I don't have a wife to be upset about me being at the bar anymore. So it's a win, win, loss for me. I don't get that great breakfast though, you think you could talk to her, I'd be so appreciative. Grocery stores now sell dry ice... :D

I'll see what I can do. I've already saved guys on this board a bunch of $$$ with DirecTV and gotten several people copies of Madden every year for $30. Might as well get you a decent homemade breakfast. You like thick-cut maple bacon I hope?

I'll see what I can do. I've already saved guys on this board a bunch of $$$ with DirecTV and gotten several people copies of Madden every year for $30. Might as well get you a decent homemade breakfast. You like thick-cut maple bacon I hope?

You the man, (or maybe it's your wife is the woman)?! :D

:lol:

I just don't understand. A pitcher is $8.75 and is 4 - 16oz Yueglings. I eat before I go, so I'm not hungry. I nurse 4 beers thru the game, throw $15 on the bar when I leave and everybody's happy as hell. Sure, I don't always get sound, but I get it often enough, she is a good friend and I tip 40%+. She also offers me free food if the kitchen makes a mistake. For those talking about spending $50, I'm trying to drive away from there sober. And I don't have to make that balloon payment to direct TV...

No balloon payment! DirecTV spreads is out over 6 months. I have had the package for 6 years now! It is great! And that last 16oz Yuegling that you have nursed for 3 hours in not room Temp! LOL!

As stated in the other thread...just call DirecTV and tell them you need to cancel Sunday ticket due to the economy. They gave me superfan for free and then $35 a month for five months for NFL Sunday Ticket.

I need to do this....did you order the Ticket, and then call them, or did you just call them and say that you wanted to order it, but cant really afford it? I have had it for the past 4 seasons, and I am going to get it again this year, but I am wondering if I should order it before I call, or what....

I need to do this....did you order the Ticket, and then call them, or did you just call them and say that you wanted to order it, but cant really afford it? I have had it for the past 4 seasons, and I am going to get it again this year, but I am wondering if I should order it before I call, or what....

Go here joemac

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/15366-watching-panthers-dtv-sunday-ticket.html

I called and said "I'm sorry, but due to the economy, I won't be renewing my subscription to Sunday Ticket." Then they offered me a discount and I said "Well, that sounds really good, but I need HD and I won't be able to afford Superfan" so they gave that to me too.

Don't worry about being stout with them. DirecTV needs to get X amount of subscribers or Dish Network will have a shot at the Sunday Ticket contract with the NFL.

Small price to pay to ensure you see every regular season game of the team you bleed for.

this

I just don't understand. A pitcher is $8.75 and is 4 - 16oz Yueglings. I eat before I go, so I'm not hungry. I nurse 4 beers thru the game, throw $15 on the bar when I leave and everybody's happy as hell. Sure, I don't always get sound, but I get it often enough, she is a good friend and I tip 40%+. She also offers me free food if the kitchen makes a mistake. For those talking about spending $50, I'm trying to drive away from there sober. And I don't have to make that balloon payment to direct TV...

Sorry my man, but sitting at home with a 60" plasma, surround sound, a bathroom that's actually clean enough to use & no drunken assholes trumps the "cheap" bar experience every single time.

Archived