• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone get directv NFL Season Pass?

Whitaker 24

I don't have directTV but I will get the NFL package from my cable company since I now live out of market.

I'm pretty sure the only place you can get the NFL package (Sunday Ticket) is through DIRECTV. It's an exclusive deal with them.

I sure love to be able too get access to NFL Gamepass because i live outside the U.S

I can se all the games. Both live and after. All HD:)

I have just bought their offseason package. All games for the the entire 2008 season both regular and play off games and the probowl. That is close to 300 games for 34.99 NICE :)

I sure love to be able too get access to NFL Gamepass because i live outside the U.S

I can se all the games. Both live and after. All HD:)

I have just bought their offseason package. All games for the the entire 2008 season both regular and play off games and the probowl. That is close to 300 games for 34.99 NICE :)

So you get to see what happened last year for $35? You've been swagger-jacked!

I have DTV and Sunday Ticket. It is pretty expensive, but it's still cheaper than the amount I would spend on food/drinks if i had to go to a bar every week. Not to mention Panthers games are always put on the shittiest tv in the back corner of the bar and you never get to hear the sound unless they are playing some big market team. Also, there are too many variables at the bar, such as it being too crowded, or having to sit near some real asshats.

Also, Directv has a really nice setup. They have two extra channels. One is called Red Zone, and it just switches between all the games going on and goes to whatever game is most exciting/closest to scoring. The other channel is called Game Mix and it has up to 8 games(it is very rare that there are more than 8 games going on at once, I think it only happened one time all season last year) split screen all at once. And you can move the cursor to highlight different games and you get to hear the audio of the game you have highlighted. If you want to make one of the games fullscreen all you have to do is press select while it's highlighted without having to go to the guide or press the number of the channel.

In short: Expensive, yes. Worth it, yes.

Expensive as compared to what?

Like you said, you'd easily spend more going to a bar every week.

Your other option would be to personally attend each and every game. I think that suddenly puts into perspective how inexpensive the package really is.

If you are out of the region, you pay the price they ask, and be happy to. Once ya get hooked up with the service (i.e., installation) ~ their service is top notch. They are very willing to work with you when you have complaints, or concerns.

Small price to pay to ensure you see every regular season game of the team you bleed for.

I have DTV and Sunday Ticket. It is pretty expensive, but it's still cheaper than the amount I would spend on food/drinks if i had to go to a bar every week. Not to mention Panthers games are always put on the pootiest tv in the back corner of the bar and you never get to hear the sound unless they are playing some big market team. Also, there are too many variables at the bar, such as it being too crowded, or having to sit near some real asshats.

Wow. You either read my post and copied it word for word from the other DirecTV thread, or every fuging sports bar in this country treats the Panthers the same way. I'm willing to bet it's the latter of the two. We get no respect.

As a life-long (the organizations life, not mine) displaced Panthers fan, I have to pay crazy amounts of money every year to watch my boys in HD every Sunday. I used to go to the sports bar to watch them, but considering the Carolina-Whoever game (unless it's Dallas) would usually end up on the back TV and I couldn't hear poo, and I would spend at least $50 every time, I ended up getting the Ticket a few years back. Even at the 6 payments of $44.99 + $16.99 for Superfan to watch it in HD, it was well worth it...

I will bump the other thread (or maybe ask for it to be stickied) to help you save some $$$.

I just don't understand. A pitcher is $8.75 and is 4 - 16oz Yueglings. I eat before I go, so I'm not hungry. I nurse 4 beers thru the game, throw $15 on the bar when I leave and everybody's happy as hell. Sure, I don't always get sound, but I get it often enough, she is a good friend and I tip 40%+. She also offers me free food if the kitchen makes a mistake. For those talking about spending $50, I'm trying to drive away from there sober. And I don't have to make that balloon payment to direct TV...

Archived