• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Da'Rick Rogers

ctrcat

I think it should be noted that the MANY that wanted this RISK FREE stud are no dummies, just as front office personnel aren't perfect.

Quite frankly, I hate the Colts and hope he sucks, but he was a risk free stud at a position of need, period.

Holy poo man...are you really this butt-hurt because you wanted to sign a guy and the rest of the world didn't agree with you?  You're kidding right?

Let's talk about your definition of "risk free" for just a second though.  [movie trailer announcer guy voice begins here] In a world where roster spots are limited and teams cannot keep every guy in the world on their team....every transaction has an opportunity cost and thus a risk [end movie trailer announcer guy voice]

See here's the thing. Maybe if we could just sign all the players (there's a meme for this right?) like we were Gruden at a QB buffet you have a point. But that's not how the NFL works.  The people who didn't agree with you (including our front office) made a decision that based on what they knew of [insert player name here] (I'm thinking of making this a form post...yay generics!) and decided that signing said player was not worth whatever player they thought they'd cut to keep them around.  Clearly you think the risk was worth the potential reward.  Clearly other people did not.  This is a difference of opinion, you'll never be able to prove yourself right, and you don't have nearly the volume of data that would be needed to come close.

Them's the breaks bro.  This league is full of players who we could have signed / drafted / traded for and not everyone will want all of them.  Don't let the butt-hurt be so strong.  poo's not healthy.

I get the main sentiment in the thread, but why get mad because of the obvious? The (this many) GMs passed on this guy argument, as well as the this guy has attitude problems argument does not work so well when talking about 7th rounders and UDFAs, particularly when you need talent at WR.  What are you risking...bad publicity? Like the Panthers can't overcome that with our veteran leadership. 

Like I already said in another thread, we played a few cards that we had, and held the other ones close to the breast for a later hand. Hopefully we'll hit that royal flush when the time comes. But don't try and act like we haven't missed out on many opportunities, because we have. I am neither pissed nor happy about the situation. Frankly, I have mixed feelings. So if someone wants to bring it up, who cares? Every once in awhile, it's healthy to discuss the elephant in the room.

I am not stress over Rogers he was a problem but talented wr who smitty would have a hard straightening out.

What I would stress over is if we miss Donte Moncrief and Kelvin Benjamin in the draft. Id love to get both but I feel by combine time, they will both be low 1sts high 2nds.

I am not stress over Rogers he was a problem but talented wr who smitty would have a hard straightening out.

What I would stress over is if we miss Donte Moncrief and Kelvin Benjamin in the draft. Id love to get both but I feel by combine time, they will both be low 1sts high 2nds.

Perhaps, but there are others who probably will (and probably should) go ahead of them, pushing them to late round two or perhaps three. 

The thing is, Moncrief and Benjamin might be better long term NFL wrs than anyone ahead of them

Yes. But that's the case in any draft really. It's a crap shoot. I get your thinking though, It's not always about the "top guys".  But , like I said, who knows?

If they come out, I kind of like Jaelen Strong  (Arizone State) and Brandon Coleman (Rutgers). 

The Combine, Pro Days and team workouts will tell the story of the draft position, but only real world, NFL football is going to tell the story of their long term success.

Archived