• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It seems the majority of Panthers enjoy playing for "Big Cat"

Woodcookedbbq

I think one of the reasons that the Panthers are able to maintain a lot of good players is due to the owner, Jerry Richarson. John Kasay signed a 4 year extension and he attributed it to playing for Big Cat and winning him a Superbowl. Jake Delhomme respects him and is constantly praising him when his name is brought up. Even after a horrible playoff loss and grudges held by the fanbase, Jake was more than happy to extend his contract. He said him and his wife were excited to know they'll be in Charlotte, NC for some time to come. Steve Smith has been with the team 7 years and is always seen chatting and laughing it up with Big Cat. Mushim Muhammad left Chicago and came back home to Carolina. And last, but not least we can't forget Michael Minter, who was literally in tears because he was unable to continue playing for Carolina.

I think it's safe to say that Jerry Richarson is a huge reason that this team is so successful.

He's a former player, of course the players respect him and love to play for him. He's not some puffed up buhgillionaire throwing money around because he can. He's a former NFL player buhgillionaire who made his millions after football. That makes all of the difference in the world. There's a level of respect there that I don't think can be found on any other NFL team? Correct me if I'm wrong

I think one of the reasons that the Panthers are able to maintain a lot of good players is due to the owner, Jerry Richarson. John Kasay signed a 4 year extension and he attributed it to playing for Big Cat and winning him a Superbowl. Jake Delhomme respects him and is constantly praising him when his name is brought up. Even after a horrible playoff loss and grudges held by the fanbase, Jake was more than happy to extend his contract. He said him and his wife were excited to know they'll be in Charlotte, NC for some time to come. Steve Smith has been with the team 7 years and is always seen chatting and laughing it up with Big Cat. Mushim Muhammad left Chicago and came back home to Carolina. And last, but not least we can't forget Michael Minter, who was literally in tears because he was unable to continue playing for Carolina.

I think it's safe to say that Jerry Richarson is a huge reason that this team is so successful.

It's either that or they can recognize who signs their checks. Seriously, Panther players liking the fact they play for a generous owner whose willing to spend what it takes to win, one that's loyal to players that are loyal to the team, one that understands the NFL isn't alll that surprising.

Archived