• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is our prime weakness?

CardiacCats

Lol @ Cam being the weakest player on offense tonight.

The talent on our offense, outside of Cam, is garbage. Our WR's can't get open. And throw them open? Cam starts doing that then the picks are going to start coming in bunches. And when that happens, I guarantee Cam will get the blame for that. Our WRs are sorry, and have to be spoon fed the ball. The WRs we've got aren't capable of making difficult catches that you see other WRs around the league make. WRs have been scrubs for a couple years now, and a good portion of us have stated it. Cam didn't have a good game, but his OL was terrible and his wideouts didn't help out.

With RT and CB, I'm fine with grabbing a solid FA or finding someone beyond the 1st Rd.  We need a dynamic receiver in the worst kind of way.  We need a non-Cam playmaker, because we have ZERO otherwise.  Tolbert, Ginn, and Smitty are strong assets but we don't have a guy who can make the tough catches, jump balls, or what he needs to do to give us an edge.  

Offensive line, no doubt.  Cam got sacked on some crucial third downs.  The line isn't built to give Cam a lot of time in the pocket to throw.  The team is built to run and play-action pass.  If last season was about double dipping the D-Line, next season needs to be about the O-Line.  

WR/CB

Safeties

RT

As much as everyone is crying about the OL. We are one WR for Cam away from people praising the OL. People just see Cam getting hit and don't watch the play. It was even pointed out several times last night guys just failing to get open. Lafell would be 4th-5th string on any other playoff contender (Cam's big rookie year he was the 6th in receptions on team). He has Bad hands can't get away from defenders to save his life. The one thing that has been saving him here is his blocking and even that is dropping like Ginn trying to catch a ball hitting him in the #'s. More times than not Cam has been able get away from some pressure (see Miami game) and people eventually will get to him because no one can get open to throw to. You can have the best OL going against the leagues worst DL and they will still eventually get to the QB at some point. Bree's Wilson etc All have guys getting helping bail them out. Cam doesn't. Smith while still a top WR has lost a step making it easier to stop with a double team. Olson is Good but not one of those top 2 Graham and Davis who can make up for a #2 WR. Him as a 3rd option for Cam is ideal.

CB- Captain Munnerlyn is awful. Only way he should make the team next year is a spot on the "special" teams. As it has been noted on ESPN he has been one of the most targeted corners in the league. And it's easy to see why, the long TD and long first down vs miami the long 1st down pass vs Tampa looking lost at time last night. Him on the field has made his man an Easy bail out target for the other teams QB vs our front 7's pressure. After the long TD pass vs miami, I sat and watched Tannehill. EVERY time he would drop back he'd check over to Captain's guy didn't matter who he was covering.

Safeties aren't great but don't get any help from our corners.

OL-Gross has played Good this year and don't see why he wouldn't resign for another year or 2 the way he is playing and the way the team is winning. Guards down to our 3rd-4th string and still doing a solid job (see yards a carry last night). Bell is Bad but shouldn't be hard at all to find a vet FA or a 3rd rounder who will be better than him there.

Focus on WR's & DB's hands down need it the worse. Focus on OL in a year or 2 when Gross does retire and Cam starts to get a little older and into his 2nd contract.

Another note for the OL 1st beggers. Gawd forbid the WR's or DB's had the injuries the OL has had for the whole season, we'd be in a heap of trouble (think bringing armanti back as your #2 and Normans backup at starting Corner)

Well, Payton has won a super bowl... our guy had to get to 9-7 to save his job and just doesn't sound all that sharp in post game press conferences. I would say that they're not one in the same, do you agree?

Of course, I think Peyton has great job security, as he should. I just think it is extreme over one game.

lol at anyone that says oline. cam has time to throw just NO WEAPONS.

Does brees have a great Oline. i dont think so but he has plenty weapons.

WE NEED TOUCHDOWN SCORES!!!!

complete recievers not just a speed guy, a ify possesion guy, and 89 past his prime

We need a #1 WR a #1 CB and a Hog Mollie RT somehow someway in the offeseason. if we get that we will be able to take the South and compete for championships year after year

two solutions to that

may require us to move up but they are must haves

Donte Moncrief

Kelvin Benjamin

Moncrief is the most complete wide receiver in the draft (A bigger Dez Bryant)

Benjamin is a poor mans Calvin Johnson, he catches the difficult passes but has some opsies here and there, that can be worked on

Our offensive play calling should be added to the list. Just when you think that the OC is getting "it", he reverts back to his old ways that won't cut it vs. more prolific offenses, and fails to adapt to the situation. I don't care what anyone says, Cam Newton's very presence, alone, should afford us the  latitude  to ramp up the offense when necessary. No need to trudge in mud when you're down a couple of touchdowns. 

Wr. We have for the most part managed to work around the secondary issue due to a strong front 7 masking the weakness. I believe it's time to focus on offense. We need to get a big, possession receiver with great hands. Secondly I would shore up the O line. Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

As a group

OL, then CB, then WR.

As individuals and strengths/weaknesses,

Gross and Smitty losing a step will only get worse

CB's are very young and have not seen a lot of looks that are being thrown at them

Cam's passing has seemed to taken a step back as the fastball is his only consistent throw at this time.

Keek has a bit to learn as far as pass coverage and shadowing.

Shula not calling game which plays to our guys strenghs

Archived