• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is our prime weakness?

CardiacCats

It is about timing. But neither you or I know what the routes are and how well they are run. What I do know is Cam had plenty of time and he was staring down field like a deer in headlights.

He was also staring at guys covered up....which they often showed.

It is about timing. But neither you or I know what the routes are and how well they are run. What I do know is Cam had plenty of time and he was staring down field like a deer in headlights.

Difficult to make a decision when your receivers are being draped like a winter jacket

I'd rather him not turn the ball over than throw it into tight coverage.

I am no saying his performance was perfect by any means (still some reads he missed) but considering what he is working with...

Guest shitposting

The fuging hilarious thing was Cam was one of the only players to show up tonight. He had to be over 60% completion rating even with dropped passes, and he ran all over them.

Thead answer as follows.....

Byron Bell and the secondary... In the secondary's defense, most of them are starting for first time this year... But Byron Bell is the FUA of the offensive line... Right????? Good lord, and this game by his horrible play only stands out because we lost bad...

Theead answer as follows.....

Byron Bell and the secondary... In the secondary's defense, most of them are starting for first time this year... But Byron Bell is the FUA of the offensive line... Right????? Good lord, and this game by his horrible play only stands out because we lost bad...

lol at anyone that says oline. cam has time to throw just NO WEAPONS.

Does brees have a great Oline. i dont think so but he has plenty weapons.

WE NEED TOUCHDOWN SCORES!!!!

complete recievers not just a speed guy, a ify possesion guy, and 89 past his prime

We need a #1 WR a #1 CB and a Hog Mollie RT somehow someway in the offeseason. if we get that we will be able to take the South and compete for championships year after year

Tonight's loss was not the result of one single weakness. It was a number of things that just came together at once. It happens.

Oh, and I see KendrickPanther is trolling up this thread as well. Couldn't wait to blame Cam for a loss as usual.

Some people will never like Cam, and only wait for him to make mistakes, and it sadly has nothing to do with how he plays football.

Yeah you can throw recievers open I guess, but when guys like Donald LaFell continuously drop key receptions it is kind of worthless. Or you have Ginn alligator arming deep balls. what else can Cam do? Yeah a good secondary would be nice but we all know we have needed wide receivers for years now. Josh Gordon has been a monster and hell Da'rick rodger had 2 tds. There is a reason Cam's passing numbers have gone down. Steve Smith can't burn guys deep and yet we are still sitting here asking why he is still our number 1 receiver. (Thanks a lot Hurney)

In all honestly with Cam's talent and our defense it should look WR>OL>DB>LB (Klein should have started and should remain the starter.)

lol at anyone that says oline. cam has time to throw just NO WEAPONS.

Does brees have a great Oline. i dont think so but he has plenty weapons.

WE NEED TOUCHDOWN SCORES!!!!

complete recievers not just a speed guy, a ify possesion guy, and 89 past his prime

We need a #1 WR a #1 CB and a Hog Mollie RT somehow someway in the offeseason. if we get that we will be able to take the South and compete for championships year after year

Are you new to football? We have ZERO run game. Cam is constantly being chased and forced to change the play that was called. Our O-line is weak. But you're right about a #1 WR. We need that badly as well. Give Cam more time, AND a line that can protect his ass so he doesn't have to bail ... and a line that can open holes for a guy who used to be an elite RB, we'd be golden.

Are you new to football? We have ZERO run game. Cam is constantly being chased and forced to change the play that was called. Our O-line is weak. But you're right about a #1 WR. We need that badly as well. Give Cam more time, AND a line that can protect his ass so he doesn't have to bail ... and a line that can open holes for a guy who used to be an elite RB, we'd be golden.

we have zero run game because teams are now stacking the box. we also have a lot of guys hurt on oline that will be back next year. if we had a legit threat wr we could make teams pussy for playing 8. our front 7 on defense is great but we need on #1 CB to lock down one side of the field our Atleast other teams number #1 wr. Cam had time to throw are poss blocking is good but our wr just can't get separation fast enough. you rarely get #1 wr outside if the first round. this year has a deep class do even with a late pick we could get a legit future #1 our Atleast a better long term option than LAFAIL. I've said this one before I trust gettlemens eye fir talent to find us hid oline men in the third round. if we want Cam to take the next level he needs weapons and if we want our D to be out signature we need a shutdown corner. I believe we could get a big mollie right tackle in the 3rd. my need list goes

WR/TE

CB

RT

Season is definitely not over. We're a great team but here is my honest 2 cents

1. Our secondary

If our front 4 gets to the QB early =》 our crappy secondary looks decent and our D looks scary

If our front 4 does not get to the QB early => field day for any QB and hello 2011 defense

2. Oline

We need to upgrade at least 3 positions. Skill seriously lacking in our oline

3. QB

Cam needs to learn to make quick decisions and step up in the pocket. Ya our oline sucks but he shares the blame on some of the sacks. Needs to clean up his accuracy

4. RB

We need to address the RB position if we're gonna be a running ball control team. We can't use deangelo on power runs. That poo is driving me crazy. Those plays belong to stew or fatboy. Our best RB (stew) can't stay healthy, and the other good RB happens to be our QB. Which brings me to #5.

5. Playcalling on offense

My only beef with McDermott was some boneheaded blitzes today. I'm cool with him this year. My problem is Shula who has decided to go late 90s Tampa shula on us. If we're gonna be a power running team, I don't wanna see #34 run up the middle. Why did we sign Tolbert again? For short yardage situation and to get those tough yards up the middle right? Then use him! Also, Saints were blitzing the whole game and there was so much green in the middle. We could have done slants, quick outs, passes to RBs in the flat.....I wanna be a shula beleiver, but I can't. Dude has no imagination

We're still on the right track. We need a better secondary and oline. The rest can be corrected by the coaches

# 3: Stop listening to Chris Collingsworth (or others like him) last night. He was all over the place in his "ahem" analysis. So take a lot of what he said with a grain of salt (plus they can't always see or know a reason why a play happens or doesn't, even on replay). 

Cam did would he could last night, within reason. He certainly isn't one of top three needs, or reasons (as you're saying). Cam saves and extends way more plays in this offense than he kills. Remember that. 

The fact that, you don't have WR on this list (though this team has no legit deep, jump ball/50-50, or redzone threats) is telling. 

Archived