• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is our prime weakness?

CardiacCats

Season is definitely not over. We're a great team but here is my honest 2 cents

1. Our secondary

If our front 4 gets to the QB early =》 our crappy secondary looks decent and our D looks scary

If our front 4 does not get to the QB early => field day for any QB and hello 2011 defense

2. Oline

We need to upgrade at least 3 positions. Skill seriously lacking in our oline

3. QB

Cam needs to learn to make quick decisions and step up in the pocket. Ya our oline sucks but he shares the blame on some of the sacks. Needs to clean up his accuracy

4. RB

We need to address the RB position if we're gonna be a running ball control team. We can't use deangelo on power runs. That poo is driving me crazy. Those plays belong to stew or fatboy. Our best RB (stew) can't stay healthy, and the other good RB happens to be our QB. Which brings me to #5.

5. Playcalling on offense

My only beef with McDermott was some boneheaded blitzes today. I'm cool with him this year. My problem is Shula who has decided to go late 90s Tampa shula on us. If we're gonna be a power running team, I don't wanna see #34 run up the middle. Why did we sign Tolbert again? For short yardage situation and to get those tough yards up the middle right? Then use him! Also, Saints were blitzing the whole game and there was so much green in the middle. We could have done slants, quick outs, passes to RBs in the flat.....I wanna be a shula beleiver, but I can't. Dude has no imagination

We're still on the right track. We need a better secondary and oline. The rest can be corrected by the coaches

Against elite talent like the Saints, in a dome our CB and Safeties looked really bad. It feels like every time we give receivers a free release they burn us. Our only chance is to get physical.

Our Oline isn't great but I feel like the weakest player on offense tonight was Cam. Everything was slow and late. He throws to open receivers. The problem is the Saints are waiting for the throw to break on the ball. He needs to get to the point where he throws receivers open.

Lol @ Cam being the weakest player on offense tonight.

The talent on our offense, outside of Cam, is garbage. Our WR's can't get open. And throw them open? Cam starts doing that then the picks are going to start coming in bunches. And when that happens, I guarantee Cam will get the blame for that. Our WRs are sorry, and have to be spoon fed the ball. The WRs we've got aren't capable of making difficult catches that you see other WRs around the league make. WRs have been scrubs for a couple years now, and a good portion of us have stated it. Cam didn't have a good game, but his OL was terrible and his wideouts didn't help out.

Guest shitposting

QB. Has Cam even had one single completion this season on those deep bombs he throws downfield?! You will never get anywhere in this league with a hot/cold QB like Cam.

Looks like these fine young males are back after the end of the win streak.

Against elite talent like the Saints, in a dome our CB and Safeties looked really bad. It feels like every time we give receivers a free release they burn us. Our only chance is to get physical.

Our Oline isn't great but I feel like the weakest player on offense tonight was Cam. Everything was slow and late. He throws to open receivers. The problem is the Saints are waiting for the throw to break on the ball. He needs to get to the point where he throws receivers open.

Hilarious...the concept of throwing receivers open is one of the most misunderstood notions

It is about timing your throws on a route to hit a receiver in a open part of the defense

if your receivers can't get open period (off a jam or coverage) you can't throw them open

QB. Has Cam even had one single completion this season on those deep bombs he throws downfield?! You will never get anywhere in this league with a hot/cold QB like Cam.

Those were the only throws Cam were making his rookie and soph season, and he was doing it with ease,so we know he has that ability. We don't have the line or receiving weapons for him to take those shots this year. Get him a better line and a vertical threat and we'll see more bombs downfield and with better accuracy.

Tonight it was game plan and stubborness to change it mid-game.

Overall, it's O-Line. D-Lo looks like hot garbage and Cam is getting rushed way too much. No matter how poorly our WRs don't get open, Cam can figure out what to do (even if he does hold onto the ball WAY too long) much better if he has some DAMN PROTECTION.

Hilarious...the concept of throwing receivers open is one of the most misunderstood notions

It is about timing your throws on a route to hit a receiver in a open part of the defense

if your receivers can't get open period (off a jam or coverage) you can't throw them open

It is about timing. But neither you or I know what the routes are and how well they are run. What I do know is Cam had plenty of time and he was staring down field like a deer in headlights.

Archived