• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers and player introductions.....

KintnerBoy

As to be expected there is a wide range of mixed sentiment in regards to this whole Peppers situation. Emotions run from shock, disappointment, sadness, anger, apathy and even hate. With all these different attitudes toward our man Peppers I started wondering how his first pre-game introduction will go.

Will he be greeted with the same stadium shaking cheers and screams? Will it be the same just a bit less? More cheers than boo's or visa versa? Silence? Or will he simply not be introduced all year for this very reason?

I'm hoping everyone can put it all behind for now but I fear there will be boo's.

I hope the boos are at a minimum because it's the guys like Beason who will be disappointed. Plus, Pep did sign the tender, so it won't be like he had been causing drama throughout training camp. I think we should be over the drama unless something happens.

I hope the boos are at a minimum because it's the guys like Beason who will be disappointed. Plus, Pep did sign the tender, so it won't be like he had been causing drama throughout training camp. I think we should be over the drama unless something happens.

you guys do realize Beason, Smitty, or whoever could all do the exact same thing one day.....same reason VERY few people on this board have only worked for one company their entire lives. Peppers has not shown poor character, has not intentional tried to hurt the team, and has done nothing to deserve direspect from the "fans". He clearly has gotten tired or irked w/ Carolina and how they use him. The fanbase was tired of the lame assignments given to him.....but turned on Pep when he acknowledged the same thing.

I also thought those who boo'ed Carr were lame a$$ "fans" also. Carr sucked, we all know that.....but the kid played hard and played hurt. I got no problem w/ people knocking management and coaching for decisions.....but whoever is playing on the field doesn't deserve home fans booing them unless that actually do something to deserve it. Since Fox has been in Carolina I have only seen one player who deserved a boo while playing......and he is probably the most loved player on the roster.

If he comes out and plays like he did in 2007 he will hear plenty of boos! Untill then I'm glad he is here this season. If they tag him again next year he will be one of the few players anybody recognizes because they will not be able to sign anybody to new contracts. He will have half the cap locked up.

you guys do realize Beason, Smitty, or whoever could all do the exact same thing one day.....same reason VERY few people on this board have only worked for one company their entire lives. Peppers has not shown poor character, has not intentional tried to hurt the team, and has done nothing to deserve direspect from the "fans". He clearly has gotten tired or irked w/ Carolina and how they use him. The fanbase was tired of the lame assignments given to him.....but turned on Pep when he acknowledged the same thing.

I also thought those who boo'ed Carr were lame a$$ "fans" also. Carr sucked, we all know that.....but the kid played hard and played hurt. I got no problem w/ people knocking management and coaching for decisions.....but whoever is playing on the field doesn't deserve home fans booing them unless that actually do something to deserve it. Since Fox has been in Carolina I have only seen one player who deserved a boo while playing......and he is probably the most loved player on the roster.

Very nice points.

If there are a lot of boo's it will look bad for us all. What will visiting fans of the opposing team think while Panthers fans are booing their own team? I'm gonna be nervous the first time thats for sure.

Archived