• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your favorite panthers/nfl game that no one remembers.

John Fox

2008 Pre-season against the Redskins, it didn't seem like much at the time but I knew last year would be special when we trumped them.

Yep, that was a good one. As hard as it is to gauge a team or its players during the preseason, I think we all knew we had a special team after that game.

I cannot wait until preseason. :)

The 38 to 13 victory over the Vikings in 2005.

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Fred Smoot opened pregame warmups by spewing a steady stream of trash talk straight at receiver Steve Smith.

The Carolina Panthers knew then and there that Smith would make him pay.

Smith humiliated Smoot and the Minnesota defense for a franchise-record 201 yards and a touchdown in Carolina’s 38-13 win Sunday that kept the Vikings winless on the road."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AtXxmTyShccMHJGZYIen.MX.uLYF?gid=20051030029

One of my favorite non-Panthers games that few probably remember was when the Saints were playing the Jaguars near the end of the season and were down 7 with no time on the clock. They needed to win the game to have a chance at the postseason (even though I think they needed other tiebreakers later in the day). They ended up lateraling the ball several times and scored a winning TD from 80 yards out, but then their kicker shanked the extra point and they ended up losing. Highest of high comedy.

Archived