• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your favorite panthers/nfl game that no one remembers.

John Fox

Panthers vs. Cowboys 07

The Panthers showed me just how overrated the cowboys were when the refs had to steal the game for them.

Panthers vs Cowboys 03

I was at the game and it was amazing. The Smitty catch in the corner of the endzone is one of the best TDs I've seen.

Panthers vs Bucs in 04 or 05

Last minute comeback win at home. Jake throws to Smith for a TD, he bobbles it a few times and secures it.

Gus Frerotte head-butts concrete wall in celebration … wall wins

At one time in his career, Gus Frerotte was an up-and-coming quarterback in the National Football League. ... Well, he was a starting QB anyway, starting 30 games for the Redskins from 1995 through late 1997. In a game against the Giants, he celebrated a touchdown by slamming his head into a concrete wall. At least he was smart enough to leave his helmet on. Still, he was left woozy and headed to the hospital after suffering spasms at halftime.

1/6/02

Not one that is necessarily forgotten, but a lot of people would like to..

I was one of a couple thousand Panthers fans sitting in Erickson stadium watching a 1-14 team play the eventual superbowl champs. Lots of empty seats, but my brother in law and myself were there in the cold rain surrounded by Patriot fans in our teams house.

I got way drunk talked lots of trash, spewing how NE would be one and done in the playoffs, yadda, yadda, yadda. I had an absolute ball. It was the last time I remember watching the Panthers play with absolutely no expectations.

They lost that game, went 1-15, I went home saw my one month old niece and nephew, and thought life is great.... It wasn't long ago I missed those days, from 2003 on my expectations were to high. I let the losses bother me too much, being a fan wasn't as much fun as it was when I kept thinking wait till next year just hoping to have a shot at the playoffs.

It took me a few years to develop my relationship with the new Panthers, they tested my heart, put my zen to the test, but we're good now.

i gotta say, game against denver in 05 or 06. julius at his monster best. the greatest 2 plays in succession ever. first he runs across field and stops plummer from scoring. next play fumble or int, he ran back over a 100 yds and failed to score a touchdown. however the athleticism displayed that day has yet to be rivaled.

What year was it the Panthers vs Bears I was at the game and we sacked Drunkenmiller so many time he was pulled and we won. I have to look it up it was the last game of the season.

I think that was 2002. I remember Urlacher returned a fumble for a TD and I think we knocked their QB out w/ a major concusion.

The Tampa game in the rain in 97 maybe? Where we blanked them in that monsoon while they were wearing those *** awful uniforms.

That was the day after the NC State / ECU game and the field was a mud pit. Didn't we stop Dilfer at the goal line at the end of the game?

Archived