• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB depth?

powellj1

As long as our pass rush is improved, I am fine with the secondary

Remember the year we went to the superbowl our starting corners were Reggie Howard and Terry Cousin. Id say what we have now is a huge step up.

I remember was also had probably the best front 4 in the entire NFL that year also. The DL in a Fox defense is going to make or break your corners regardless of the talent, imo.

I think we are fine at DE but need more pressure from the DT spot if Fox wants to continue w/ his front 4 mindset. Kris had a lot of faults but he could create pressure up the middle so the DEs could make the plays.

Meeks was a secondary coach before he became a D coordinator. Plus Carolina has a history of taking guys and making the most of their skills in the secondary. How many corners and safeties have ever left us and performed better elsewhere??

We have good guys waiting to play that we either need to get them PT or find someone else.

Also note that a cover 2 zone doesn't require good coverage guys but quick guys who anticipate well and flow to the ball with good speed.

Gamble will do well and Marshall should look better this year than in the past.

Dante and Wilson both have the ability to come in and play the nickle. They are experienced and should do well in this system. Munnerlyn and Martin will provide additional depth at secondary. Who are we going to bring in who will do better for cheaper??

Meeks was a secondary coach before he became a D coordinator. Plus Carolina has a history of taking guys and making the most of their skills in the secondary. How many corners and safeties have ever left us and performed better elsewhere??

We have good guys waiting to play that we either need to get them PT or find someone else.

Also note that a cover 2 zone doesn't require good coverage guys but quick guys who anticipate well and flow to the ball with good speed.

Gamble will do well and Marshall should look better this year than in the past.

Dante and Wilson both have the ability to come in and play the nickle. They are experienced and should do well in this system. Munnerlyn and Martin will provide additional depth at secondary. Who are we going to bring in who will do better for cheaper??

Exactly. The vets we could bring in at minimum will still make more than rookies or guys with a year or two experience that were drafted 4th round up. I'd rather use homegrown talent than bring in a Mike Mckenzie or another aging FA.

you know, if absolute need be, chris harris could drop down to play some db, didnt he play there a bit with the bears? or am i just sorely mistaken... this is assuming this shoulder is healthy, anyone heard anything about that?

I don't think Chris Harris could be a very effective corner. Unless he puts a shoulder in the WR's face at the line.

Chris Harris isn't even a very effective safety, he can't cover worth a sh*t. He is like a LB lite.

I wouldn't say he's that bad. He's the perfect Fox SS. A fumble forcing machine, who hits like a ton of bricks. He plays run awesome and we have Godfrey to compliment him.

Definitely not as bad as Roy Williams or Marlon McCree

I wouldn't say he's that bad. He's the perfect Fox SS. A fumble forcing machine, who hits like a ton of bricks. He plays run awesome and we have Godfrey to compliment him.

Definitely not as bad as Roy Williams or Marlon McCree

only thing is Godfrey hasn't proven to be a compliment yet....he was worse in coverage last year than Harris.

Archived