• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB depth?

powellj1

After Gamble and Marshall I really don't see anyone caplable of being an every down CB in case there is some injury. I know they are a little older and have had some injury issues but would anyone like to see us try to bring in Mike Mckenzie or Chris McAlister if we could get them for a veteran minimum? Thoughts...

I have looked at that FA DB list about 30 times and still feel you could throw a dart at it and do just as good a job. Most are aging or coming injuries and would likely only serve at the nickle. I would like to have a good feeling about a couple of them and I would like for us to have cap space to possibly go after one but with the cash we have to spend and the commonness that the availables all share we can probably do just as well to wait for an injury need and pluck one between weeks. I know how vital training camp is but the older ones that I am leaning toward right now might serve better to not be put in camp altogether due to their age and/or physical condition injury-wise.

Sherrod Martin is capable of coming in and playing if an injury happens IMO. He may even push for Marshalls spot in camp, who knows and I think the panthers do still like C.J. Wilson. Plus we don't have the cap room to go out and sign somebody. Remember we still have 4 rookies to sign.

Sherrod Martin is capable of coming in and playing if an injury happens IMO. He may even push for Marshalls spot in camp, who knows and I think the panthers do still like C.J. Wilson. Plus we don't have the cap room to go out and sign somebody. Remember we still have 4 rookies to sign.

I personally don't think Marshall is in any danger of losing his spot to Martin. Wilson maybe at Nickel, but not Marshall at #2. If I'm wrong it's all the better for us though, because that means we got more depth at CB than I was expecting.

I am okay with our backups.

1. Chris Gamble- Everyone is ok with him starting.

2. Richard Marshall- Everyone should be ok with him starting.

3. Dante Wesley- I am fine with him coming in.

4. C.J. Wilson- I am fine with him coming in.

5. Sherrod Martin- I am alright with him coming in.

6. Captain Munnerlyn- I am ok with him apperaing in a game for maybe 2 or 3 plays.

7. D.J. Clark- I am not ok with him making the team.

I really don't want another corner back because I hate cutting young guys like Captain Munnerlyn and Sherrod Martin only to find out later that they can play. I also am not in favor of cutting C.J. Wilson. I really like Wilson's drive and believe he can be an asset to the secondary this year. I like Dante Wesley and I am fine with him coming in the game to give one of the starters a break, however if we were going to cut someone I would choose him because he is an eight year vet with not many good years left in the tank. If they did cut Dante Wesley I would be in favor of signing a corner back that has been in the league for four or five years. D.J. Clark won't make the team, so no one is worried about him.

I am okay with our backups.

5. Sherrod Martin- I am alright with him coming in.

6. Captain Munnerlyn- I am ok with him apperaing in a game for maybe 2 or 3 plays.

7. D.J. Clark- I am not ok with him making the team.

I don't know why that made me laugh so much. Maybe your very straightforward analysis. +1 for you. :rofl:

I don't even consider Marshall an every down CB.

well, that remains to be seen. I have concerns again about the secondary. Fox and Meeks are both front 4 pressure guys.....and right now we don't have a DL that has proven they can do that in order for the secondary to have success.

Archived