• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where is our run game?

CelibatePimp

Cam has to step in and help them way too much....

We also run better out of "Cam" run looks. You just line up and run a RB with Cam under C? The ypc is a joke

Cam always steps in and helps with the run because that's part of his game. And why is a 4.6 average a joke? Because Cam was the leading rusher? We don't have a typical running scheme like most teams. We have a three headed monster to gain yards on the ground which INCLUDES Cam. I am fine with him being the leading rusher in this game and we ran the ball well when we had to. 

Just in case anyone thought I was serious, I was being sarcastic about Kenjon Barner... If our opponents respect our backfield well enough to scheme to stop it, that says plenty more than a few hostile huddlers with their pitchforks. Because when Stew was out all I heard was that we needed him against the tough teams like San Fran and things was going to change when he got back in the mix. 3 games and 3.5 ypc later he has without a doubt outplayed DeAngelo Williams. Ok...

i wonder how long before Stew gets back to form... he kinda sucks right now. he's my favorite of the originals but this is not what i was hoping for... btw mike seemed to be shaken up at the end of the game! not good... we can't face NO looking like we did. Mia was 25th in stopping the run... smh i think NO is around 17.

I think 28 looks fine. No holes for him either. He just has better odds in the trash piles.

our Oline is average at best... kalil being the only guy playing at a high level in my opinion. wharton and gross are on the back 9 of their careers, and bell and chandler are works in progress

all things considered tho we can't complain, they have battled hard and have done enough to bring home some W's

The Panthers have not been able to run because of the o-line.  Teams are figuring out how to attack the running game, and why Cam is running for his life.

The o-line is a weak link to this team mostly due to injury.  The Panthers lost their starting LG (Amini the #2 draft pick last year) and were fortunate to sign Wharton.  They lost their starting RG (Williams), and the backup RG Byers, and then the backup to the backup (Scott) and now have a converted D-Lineman as the starter (Chandler).  Not too mention they also lost a key backup in Campbell, as well as their Kugbilla. 

Bell is an average at best LT, but when you have that much injury at RG there is definitely going to be transition, inconsistent play, and lack of execution especially on the right side of the o-line.  Gross, Wharton, and Kalil are holding it together, but they can't do it all.  That is why Hartsock & Brockel are valuable.....they help hide the o-line's problems.  Hopefully Harsock is back next game. 

The Panthers have not been able to run because of the o-line. Teams are figuring out how to attack the running game, and why Cam is running for his life.

The o-line is a weak link to this team mostly due to injury. The Panthers lost their starting LG (Amini the #2 draft pick last year) and were fortunate to sign Wharton. They lost their starting RG (Williams), and the backup RG Byers, and then the backup to the backup (Scott) and now have a converted D-Lineman as the starter (Chandler). Not too mention they also lost a key backup in Campbell, as well as their Kugbilla.

Bell is an average at best LT, but when you have that much injury at RG there is definitely going to be transition, inconsistent play, and lack of execution especially on the right side of the o-line. Gross, Wharton, and Kalil are holding it together, but they can't do it all. That is why Hartsock & Brockel are valuable.....they help hide the o-line's problems. Hopefully Harsock is back next game.

I don't buy the injury excuse....was weak going in. All it took was a few weeks on tape for opponents to see how we were running behind it to shut it down.

We only were running in certain gaps early bc that was all we could do.....me teams take that away.

We aren't worse at LG. We aren't worse than RG.

All goes back to DG playing it safe IMO and washing his hands of this O for the season.....RR tweaked his coaching and now we are winning. Now the OL neglect looks to be costly.

Smh, I just don't get it. The disdain for DeAngelo has reached #17 post Arizona Cardinal playoff meltdown levels... Personally, I believe Kenjon Barner fixes all of this. I don't know who people hated to see out there most. DeShaun Foster at 30 or DeAngelo Williams at 30..... Either way people will be happy to see him gone. You all stay mad tho... Don't pay attention to one of the best runs this TEAM has had in recent memory...

people also confuse not overrating him.....as disdain.

saying Tolbert and Stewart should get more reps bc they can bully through bodies our OL can't block.....isn't saying that people hate Williams (which is how it gets spun)

Welp guys we're on a 7 game win streak and maybe the hottest team in the league whatever but GOD FORBID WE DON'T RUN THE BALL FOR A BAJILLION YARDS A GAME THIS IS AN OUTRAGE WHAT GIVES

I don't think how many yards we run for matters to most....

I think the fact we can't run unless our QB puts us on his back now that teams have figured out our run game....is a concern.  Off day for Cam means no offense.

Archived