• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

sherrod martin article

scpanther22

its not new..but i never seen it..its interesting to note that the FO was going after him with that 59 pick..i rem seeing the pick and said "who is that" i thought we reached but turns out he was always the guy we were going to take at that spot..lol

i also rem hateing that we passed on sean smith but now i am glad we took him and cant wait to see him play.

“The guy from Carolina told me if he was still there, they’d get him,” Shaughnessy said. “That’s what I told my wife, ‘Wait on Carolina,’ and it popped up.

“They asked me how he compared to Leodis (McKelvin, the former Troy corner picked 11th overall in 2008). They said he moved way up their draft board. They

did what they said they were going to do.”

http://www.dothaneagle.com/dea/sports/college/troy/article/sherrod_martin_drafted_by_panthers/69928/

also a old note from the senior bowl..i never even saw this martin pick coming but i guess that was a good thing.

- Troy's Sherrod Martin is a great one. He's great in coverage and should be a corner, but he'll be great in a Cover-2 scheme.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/833220.html

Martin didn't exactly light it up at the Senior Bowl.

Defensive players other than defensive ends and stand out tackles rarely do. The week to adjust to a new position and start against and around guys you're not used to isn't conducive to a great performance. The entire thing is more engaged with how they participate in drills, one on ones and how hard they work more than the actual game.

Defensive players other than defensive ends and stand out tackles rarely do. The week to adjust to a new position and start against and around guys you're not used to isn't conducive to a great performance. The entire thing is more engaged with how they participate in drills, one on ones and how hard they work more than the actual game.

:yesnod:

Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm still questioning him over Shaun Smith.

I hate this pick. I wish we had gotten Smith instead. When Smith ends up becoming a pro-bowler and Martin is stuck at 3rd string 3 years from now Marty will realize his error.

I hate this pick. I wish we had gotten Smith instead. When Smith ends up becoming a pro-bowler and Martin is stuck at 3rd string 3 years from now Marty will realize his error.

I hope you stand behind these words when you eat crow. If he does what the Panthers think he can, will you come back and say you stand corrected?

i think the FO thinks he has more upside and fits into our scheme more...that and the past players that came from troy...but i still know a lot of people that hate we skipped over sean smith

Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm still questioning him over Shaun Smith.

I think it was prove to be a mistake. Not a knock on our guy but I think Smith will just be a better corner.....plus, I'm not a big fan of moving guys into new positions for their 1st year in the NFL. (ex. see Godfrey's play last year)

I think it was prove to me a mistake. Not a knock on our guy but I think Smith will just be a better corner.....plus, I'm not a big fan of moving guys into new positions for their 1st year in the NFL. (ex. see Godfrey's play last year)

i understand but i think if that happens cjwilson will start just untill martin gets with it.

i think we also wanted martin for his speed something smith may lack in the NFL..

Archived