• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers can’t reach long-term deal with Peppers

Jbro

If he wanted out of Carolina so bad he wouldn't have his agent try for on a long term deal LOL

The whole 'I will only play for 4 teams' 'I will only play in a 3-4' were just PR stunts in an attempt avoid getting slapped with the franchise tag. Basically, he was bluffing and not even that well :D

Pep never completely dismissed the idea of signing long term with Carolina, he just wanted the ability to hit Free Agency and weigh all his options. As soon as he got slapped with the tag, all the media nonsense stopped. I thought this seemed pretty obvious but I still see several people posting about how Peppers doesn't wanna be here.

Now he has to play hard...either way next year for him depends directly on his performance this year.

Not really a prob for me. I may have liked for him to have signed and free up some cap space but who would we really have gotten anyway? Not a TON of high caliber FA talent out there anyway.

Archived