• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Panthers on DTV Sunday Ticket

Montsta

I don't post much either, but I also wanted to say thanks for creating this thread. I'm a Panthers fan from PA, paid the full price for the ST and Superfan last year and thought it was worth every penny. I'm now getting Superfan for free and I'm paying 24.99/mo. for 6 months for the Ticket. That's quite the savings... thanks again for the heads up. :D

Just saw my post count... I haven't posted since the forum blew up a while ago, heh.

screw that- I LOVE the redzone channel for fantasy football.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever even paid attention to redzone. The channel with like 8 games on the screen I like a lot (especially during a Carolina bye week). Maybe I'll have to switch over to the redzone more. I do LOVE the feature that tells you when one of you FF guys has made a play though. That thing is God's gift to FF players.

don't have ticket, but a friend does. i told him about this and he got the ticket for 150 total without superfan. he doesn't have an HD tv anyway. yesterday was his birthday so I feel pretty good about what he got from me.

It's kinda sad we don't realize the power we have over subscription services until we're ready (or threatening to cancel).

I'm not a haggler, makes me feel dirty doing it, and even dirtier dealing with the vendor. Sirius is the same way, they won't give you a break, but call them up and tell them you're cancelling and they'll give you insane swag.... If you have a legit reason for downgrading your sub they'll pesture you to get you to re consider.

It'd be nice if they would just reward your loyalty without having to ask, but eh I guess that's what makes the world turn.

It's almost like they figure if someone will pay the $99 for SF we will charge it to them. If they ask, we'll throw it in.

I don't mind asking for freebies as long as I am not lying to them.

Yeah, I guess I'm a wuss, nah I know I am.... I didn't even realize my value to my company until they did me a "favor" by demoting me to keep me in the downturn.... I huffed up a little (not my nature, I'm a teamer), and now after 8 years of just doing my job and not complaining they're giving me a promotion I probably should have gotten years ago... go figure.

glad you told me about sirius...I'm about to call them and now I know to be prepared. DTV is easy to negotiate with..I don't lie, I live in Charlotte, but I like the Super Fan and the ticket so I can watch what I want when we're away and our game is over and the 4pm game sucks...I just tell them to do it or I'll cancel and they do it. No lie there!

Yeah, I guess I'm a wuss, nah I know I am.... I didn't even realize my value to my company until they did me a "favor" by demoting me to keep me in the downturn.... I huffed up a little (not my nature, I'm a teamer), and now after 8 years of just doing my job and not complaining they're giving me a promotion I probably should have gotten years ago... go figure.

Once an OL always an OL ;)

I am glad you did finally get what you deserved though. :)

Directv is pretty easy to negotiate with though. Awhile back during football season, they sent me some card saying "happy anniversary as a customer, you get three free months of Starz". Well we already had Starz, so I called them up and asked them for Showtime instead (so I could watch "Inside the NFL"). They did it.

I live in Charleston SC, and we are lucky enough to get every game on Fox even if we have to suffer though their godawful commentators. Long story short, Comcast is worthless, way worse than Timewarner in Charlotte at my parents house so we have been pricing out DTV and the NFL sunday ticket. I just got an email with the promotion that their premier package the top one with 265+ channels is free for the 5 months that I pay for the Sunday ticket!! So after adding all the movie channels and the protection plan, DVR and HD, it will only be $115 a month.

Archived