• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Panthers on DTV Sunday Ticket

Montsta

Now if I could just get the adjusted schedule to see the preseason games. Mine never seems to follow schedule and I end up watching a rerun of the Panthers preaseason games at 4 in the morning on a Tuesday. Which also means I can't watch any sports programming until I see it so it doesn't get spoiled for me. Here's hoping the guide doesn't lie to me this year!

Montsta, what I usually do is look on NFL.com closer to preseason. They usually show when the games will be shown on tv (can't remember the exact place), even when they are repeated. I write down all the times so if I miss one, I can catch it another time. Granted, they don't always repeat them (if it is a nationally televised game, NFLN doesn't show it at all) or are they always at that time, but I think that they were much more accurate last year and have been getting better with that.

**edit-I think this is the link when they fill it in**

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=PRE#Week

i don't post much but i'd like to say thanks for saving me a ton of cash monsta. i just told the guy that my wife wasn't working and she was pressuring me to cancel sunday ticket due to the lack of funds. i asked if there were any kind of promotions going on to help convince my wife to let me keep it and right away he said he'd credit back $20 a month for 6 months and give me superfan for free! the only hard part is to decide what kind of panther memorabilia i should get with my spare panther cash! haha

Nope, not at all. I told them with the economy I have to cut back on my entertainment budget and he immediately offered the $20 off per month. Then I said thanks but I still would have to get Superfan to make it worth watching, because I can't watch the games on a 52" HDTV in standard def, so he then threw in free Superfan and for some reason free DVR too, which knocks I think $10-$15 off the bill, and I didn't even ask for that. I am juiced about this, I've been happily paying almost $400/year for Sunday Ticket. I may just have to make this a yearly ritual.

The guy was really cool, I was just BSing with him about the All-Star game (he was a Detroit fan) and while we were talking Granderson hit that triple that lead to the go-ahead run and I was updating him on the game and he got pretty stoked about that. Maybe that helped. :)

sometimes they still charge you full price my friend and just bullshit with you on the phone. Watch out.

i don't post much but i'd like to say thanks for saving me a ton of cash monsta. i just told the guy that my wife wasn't working and she was pressuring me to cancel sunday ticket due to the lack of funds. i asked if there were any kind of promotions going on to help convince my wife to let me keep it and right away he said he'd credit back $20 a month for 6 months and give me superfan for free! the only hard part is to decide what kind of panther memorabilia i should get with my spare panther cash! haha

No worries. Glad I could help some other Panthers fans save some $$$. :hurray:

Sweeeet-

so I called them up, told the lady that I had heard they were giving 120$ off the NFL package but didnt want to lie and give them some sob story.

The lady gave me 10$ off a month for a year!

And I didnt have to lie to do it.... Makes "me" feel better about it, and I got the savings!

Thanks guys!

Archived