• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Power Ranking article 7/14

SCP

http://car.scout.com/a.z?s=123&p=2&c=879029

Not much new here, but something else to review before training camp kicks off. Berstein has the Panthers at 14 behind the likes of Houston, Buffalo, Seattle, New Olreans....

14. Carolina Panthers- Previous ranking: (13)

What we like: A fantastic ground game and a motivated Julius Peppers.

What we don’t like: John Fox has never had two winning seasons in a row, and we’re not convinced that Delhomme can still get it done.

Record range: They have 11 or 12 win potential. Our guess: 9-7.

The Fox not having back-to-back winning seasons is b.s. when you factor in the injuries during those losing seasons. Delhomme continues to get the "shrug" because of the Cards game. I think he will prove the doubters wrong this year.

Way too high for SD. That crap about Fox and they don't mention Norv Turner?

Vikings at 6? AD stands for All-Day. Dude fumbles all day. Jared Allen is overrated and the QB situation is poo even with Favre. JOKE

Texans at 8? Another joke.

The Saints above Carolina or Atlanta?

Seattle higher than 20 is comical at best

Atlanta at 17? I'm a homer but behind the likes of the Saints and Seattle?

Cards in the NFCW are far better than 18

Oakland is too high.

How are the Lions anywhere but 32?

Broncos really got the shaft at 31. They won't be in the playoffs but 31 is much.

A fuging monkey could make a better list.

Not much new here, but something else to review before training camp kicks off. Berstein has the Panthers at 14 behind the likes of Houston, Buffalo, Seattle, New Olreans....

14. Carolina Panthers- Previous ranking: (13)

What we like: A fantastic ground game and a motivated Julius Peppers.

What we don’t like: John Fox has never had two winning seasons in a row, and we’re not convinced that Delhomme can still get it done.

Record range: They have 11 or 12 win potential. Our guess: 9-7.

The Fox not having back-to-back winning seasons is b.s. when you factor in the injuries during those losing seasons. Delhomme continues to get the "shrug" because of the Cards game. I think he will prove the doubters wrong this year.

What is BS is his saying Fox never having 2 winning seasons in a row then he predicts a 2nd winning season in a row.

Also look at the Buffalo Call at 12

13. Buffalo Bills- Previous ranking: (9)

What we like: A great set of weapons for Trent Edwards to throw to, and a very underrated coach.

What we don’t like: The offensive line and the defensive line.

Record range: If the Bills can protect Edwards, they can win double-digit games. If the lines aren’t good, this is a .500 team. Our guess: 10-6.

He doesn't like their Offensive AND Defensive lines ? ! ! ? ! ! And he ranks them above us? Give me a break, we have a top 5 O-line easy and our Defensive line has some great playmakers . . . . top ten by seasons end on the D-line with the Meeks approach to defensive football.

Why rank Buffallo above Carolina when they have weak lines? What Terrell Owens? we have Steve Smith. . . . . Nah it all because he is a Jake Doubter I guess. We'll see . . . Last year they all predicted a weak season for Carolina because of Tommy John.

I'm Ready for Sept 13th . . .Let the Games begin.

Guess I'll enjoy the summer first though:patriot:

What is BS is his saying Fox never having 2 winning seasons in a row then he predicts a 2nd winning season in a row.

Also look at the Buffalo Call at 12

He doesn't like their Offensive AND Defensive lines ? ! ! ? ! ! And he ranks them above us? Give me a break, we have a top 5 O-line easy and our Defensive line has some great playmakers . . . . top ten by seasons end on the D-line with the Meeks approach to defensive football.

Why rank Buffallo above Carolina when they have weak lines? What Terrell Owens? we have Steve Smith. . . . . Nah it all because he is a Jake Doubter I guess. We'll see . . . Last year they all predicted a weak season for Carolina because of Tommy John.

I'm Ready for Sept 13th . . .Let the Games begin.

Guess I'll enjoy the summer first though:patriot:

We will begin a quick ascent up the rankings when we come out of the gate 3-0....beating the likes of Philly, Atlanta, and Dallas.

I don't know if it complete bs. NE lost Brady week 1 and had an 11 win season w/ a QB whose last start was in college as a TE. Injuries happen and Fox isn't the best or quickest adjuster......and like to stick w/ what he had planned when everyone was healthy.

We just have to get wins...one after another and then respect will follow. Just when everyone and their mom wanted to latch on to the Panthers 2 seasons ago we faltered badly! Fox and Delhomme are still overcoming that and another 11-12 win season or NFC South title will erase any hot seats either is on.

Oh yeah...pre season power rankings are as important as my final draft results of my fantasy draft..."not very".

Well at least he said that we have 11-12 win potential.

Oh, and having Houston that high is fuging retarded....they have never had a winning season or made the playoffs, and they have Matt Schaub at QB, but he gives us poo about Jake?????

I have no problem with that ranking. It's not based on ignorant ideas and it's low enough that it should motivate the team. I get nervous when we start getting respect(I know that sounds bad but bad things seem to happen everytime!)

I agree. But do think that he should just be honest and admit that they're basing their predictions of a 9-7 year on the performance in the Cards game. That's really what it's all about at this point.

Archived