• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Johnson-Sprained Knee

The_Cannon

Is there a Doctor in the house? I have a question..

How do you diagnose a knee ligament sprain from a MRI? I suppose it means the MRI shows only some localized swelling around the ligament versus a tear? Is this right? What is the typical recovery time for this injury?

Is there a Doctor in the house? I have a question..

How do you diagnose a knee ligament sprain from a MRI? I suppose it means the MRI shows only some localized swelling around the ligament versus a tear? Is this right? What is the typical recovery time for this injury?

I am not a doctor, and I did not see the MRI.

A sprain can typically mean a bunch of things. It can mean strain and stress to the actual ligament, or typically it means that there was damage to the bone. Ligaments are very strong, oftentimes stronger than the bone they connect to. Many times when people have a severe sprain, instead of just damaging the connective point, they actually damage the bone. The bone heals relatively quickly. 

This is why high ankle sprains are so destructive to a season. There's actual damage to the tib/fib, and not just a tendon.

i have experience, like I said earlier, with an MCL sprain. It was bad for about a week and a half-two weeks. Then suddenly it just got better. I did this without the kind of world class rehab and sports medicine doctors CJ will have access to.

That said, there's no way he plays this week. Maybe if it was a playoff game or something they'd load him up with Toradol and put him out there but it simply doesn't make sense against the Dolphins. 

Day to day for sure....He was able to get go at the end.....I think if he has minimal swelling tomorrow then he will play sunday.....He'll just have limited practice or no practice the next few days to rest......KEEP POUNDING!!!  If CJ sits....Alexanders chance to get out of the dog house and he's for sure no bum..he'll play with a chip on his shoulder......KEEP POUNDING!!!

Don't play him. Sprain could escalate to a complete tear if not handled properly.

Holy poo....somebody who isn't spouting some stupid poo like "He'll play on Sunday".  You remember what happened to Chief Bob Three Sticks last season?  He didn't give himself enough time to recover and he completely wrecked his knee.  CJ should sit as long as he needs.  We need him for the playoffs more than we need him in 2 or 3 weeks.

Archived