• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers as Captain

Panther Boyd

Peppers was voted captain by his teammates. They could have voted for someone else but they didn't. They work with him on a daily basis and know more about his leadership abilities than anyone posting on this forum.

/thread

That's a helluva leader that doesn't show up for mini-camps or OTA's!!! Good thing the others didn't follow his leadership.

People that have a different opinion than you are not true fans? Man, that's sad, do you watch games? Do you watch defensive huddles?...

Yea, I watch the huddles, looks like Harris and Beason are the true leaders on the field. I never see them taking plays off.

I say, NO! Peppers is not a leader. He was forced into that role after Jenk and Ruck left, but he is not a leader. He is however, a great player; that needs great players around him. If he is playing next to a great player that is a leader then he will follow. But I must say that I would hate to loose him.

team mates that vote Pep as a Captain on D = being forced into a leader?

That's a helluva leader that doesn't show up for mini-camps or OTA's!!!

Yea, I watch the huddles, looks like Harris and Beason are the true leaders on the field.

You realize that players in contract disputes miss OTAs all the time and that it's not a big deal right? Beason, that you mentioned, missed part of training camp in a holdout.

But please continue to tell us how you know more about Peppers leadership abilities in the huddle and lockerroom than his actual teammates do.

You realize that players in contract disputes miss OTAs all the time and that it's not a big deal right? Beason, that you mentioned, missed part of training camp in a holdout.

But please continue to tell us how you know more about Peppers leadership abilities in the huddle and lockerroom than his actual teammates do.

Congratulations on your statistics!! Do I care about how he leads in the huddle or in the locker room if I don't see it on the field. Kinda odd his best year in the last 3 was a contract year. Why do you think no other team made a deal w/ his agent because they saw the same things the rest of us did. Next time I go to the game, I'll look for you as the 12th man in the huddle, and as for what you do with him in the locker room, I'll leave that as your personal business.

team mates that vote Pep as a Captain on D = being forced into a leader?

Damn shame someone that is such a "great" asset to the team has to be forced into a leadership role. I cannot understand why you guys keep taking up for this man?! Granted you are entitled to your opinion just like me, but c'mon he is taking up cap money that could be spent on 2-3 solid players to give depth in other spots. Plus the only reason he is here is because no one else wanted him.

Damn shame someone that is such a "great" asset to the team has to be forced into a leadership role. I cannot understand why you guys keep taking up for this man?! Granted you are entitled to your opinion just like me, but c'mon he is taking up cap money that could be spent on 2-3 solid players to give depth in other spots. Plus the only reason he is here is because no one else wanted him.

You're just not going to get it, so don't bother. He's a helluva leader on the field, he doesn't have to be called captain for that. When he was thrust into captain and publicly called out about it, he suffered. Leave the man alone and let him do what he does... Sometimes it's better that way...

The thing is, what you refuse to acknowledge is that he is a natural leader on the field who becomes shy and introverted when publicly called out to play that role. I understand that because I'm the same way. That is the deal right there. You can't force him into the job, he already does it naturally. This was Big Cat's mistake here, not Peppers, but Richardson gets a pass and Peppers gets all the blame...

You're just not going to get it, so don't bother. He's a helluva leader on the field, he doesn't have to be called captain for that. When he was thrust into captain and publicly called out about it, he suffered. Leave the man alone and let him do what he does... Sometimes it's better that way...

The thing is, what you refuse to acknowledge is that he is a natural leader on the field who becomes shy and introverted when publicly called out to play that role. I understand that because I'm the same way. That is the deal right there. You can't force him into the job, he already does it naturally. This was Big Cat's mistake here, not Peppers, but Richardson gets a pass and Peppers gets all the blame...

I cannot be the only one missing this leadership you keep referring to. Before they retired it was Minter and Rucker, now it's Beason and Harris. Where is this leadership you keep talking about. I never saw any of these guys take a play off, which is what I cannot say about Pep. Do I want him to stay, yes. Do I want him to lead, yes. Do I want him to be the most feared end in the league, yes. But I don't think any of these is gonna happen. If he had the heart of Steve Smith he would be in the ranks of L. Taylor. I don't think Pep is a mistake, I think he's a disappointment.

I cannot be the only one missing this leadership you keep referring to. Before they retired it was Minter and Rucker, now it's Beason and Harris. Where is this leadership you keep talking about. I never saw any of these guys take a play off, which is what I cannot say about Pep. Do I want him to stay, yes. Do I want him to lead, yes. Do I want him to be the most feared end in the league, yes. But I don't think any of these is gonna happen. If he had the heart of Steve Smith he would be in the ranks of L. Taylor. I don't think Pep is a mistake, I think he's a disappointment.

Well that's the difference between a fan and a player. See players need to come into the stands and take each fan down by the hand onto the field personally and show them and tell them exactly what is going on or they'll never understand it, because they don't pay attention once a play is done or to the sideline when the defense is off the field. I posted a video in my first post on here about this showing how vocal and demonstrative Peppers was on the field and in the huddle and you completely ignored it because it didn't fit in with your take. That is not an isolated video, it's how he has always played the game. The players love him, why do you have to trash him as not being a leader? I mean it's up to you how you feel, but when you put this poo out on the internet as truth, I'm gonna call it, no offense meant...

Well that's the difference between a fan and a player. See players need to come into the stands and take each fan down by the hand onto the field personally and show them and tell them exactly what is going on or they'll never understand it, because they don't pay attention once a play is done or to the sideline when the defense is off the field. I posted a video in my first post on here about this showing how vocal and demonstrative Peppers was on the field and in the huddle and you completely ignored it because it didn't fit in with your take. That is not an isolated video, it's how he has always played the game. The players love him, why do you have to trash him as not being a leader? I mean it's up to you how you feel, but when you put this poo out on the internet as truth, I'm gonna call it, no offense meant...

None taken, by all means none of this is personal, but c'mon! I didn't say the players didn't like him and as for the video, well okay. I watch him during the home games on the sidelines, he's not pumping up the D, he's not standing supporting the O, He just sits on the bench and does nothing. And did I mention taking plays off at all?

Archived