• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' defense is blast from past

teeray

Great read all the way around about the similarities between our current defense and the 2003 defense.  But my favorite part was a NY Giants guard talking about our defense.  Before games you get the regular dose of coach speak and pumping up the competition.  It is usually more telling to get a guys perspective after we have played them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9992021/carolina-panthers-stellar-defense-blast-past?ex_cid=espnapi_public

New York Giants guard Kevin Boothe was asked about the Carolina defense, which sacked quarterback Eli Manning seven times in a 38-0 Week 3 rout.

"Ugggggh," he told ESPN.com last week. "Man, that's a sore subject. Yeah, I watched them play San Francisco the other day and I was like, 'See? It wasn't just us!'

"Everybody after that game was like, 'Giants, they stink.' But now they go and do it to the 49ers, so what are you going to say now?"

The Panthers sacked 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick six times. They held a San Francisco team that was averaging more than

30 points a game during a five-game winning streak to 151 yards of total offense, 45 in the second half.

"They're a talented group," Boothe said of the Panthers. "That front seven, they have guys that are stout against the run and can also get after the passer. If you can get after the passer consistently with four rushers, you're going to be tough to beat."

LMAAAAAAO!! Those Kevin boothe comments are hilarious! I literally almost died laughing. 

Ugggggh," he told ESPN.com last week. "Man, that's a sore subject. Yeah, I watched them play San Francisco the other day and I was like, 'See? It wasn't just us!'

"Everybody after that game was like, 'Giants, they stink.' But now they go and do it to the 49ers, so what are you going to say now?"

Hahaha

Archived