• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In Defense of Fantasy Football

PntherPryd

Yes, I know this belongs in the fantasy football forum but I try every year to recruit some of you stuck in a rut purists so I thought I better put it out here now instead of during TC when you'd really get your panties in a wad! :D

I've heard the argument time and again that fantasy football takes away from the game in that it makes you root for players and situations that are not in the best interests of your team.

I say that argument is for the weak-minded! If you really can't watch with interest how many points TO scores without hoping Buffalo wins then you probably couldn't handle the intellectual intricacies of building a team, developing a roster, researching favorable matchups or even talking trash!

For those of you with sigs turned off, here is the information links for the Third Annual Huddle Champions League!

Third Annual Huddle Champions Fantasy Football League is Organizing NOW! Go here to sign up !!! 48 teams! Prizes! Bragging Rights! still 4 openings and empty waiting list. Act Now! For more info check out our FAQ page

I've heard the argument time and again that fantasy football takes away from the game in that it makes you root for players and situations that are not in the best interests of your team.

in years past my picks have been made so that I don't root against any part of the panthers, and if I do have somebody that is going against the panthers, they sit for the week.

if it wasnt for fantasy foorball what would you talk about with your friends that dont like the panthers? we have a league at my restaurant and every sunday the ten of us sit around watch all the games and just talk smack back and forth. we have sunday ticket and we each plug our players in to each tv to get scoring up dates. i love fantasy football!

in years past my picks have been made so that I don't root against any part of the panthers, and if I do have somebody that is going against the panthers, they sit for the week.

lol. I never root against the Panthers either, but if someone like Larry Fitzgerald is on my FF team and the Cards play against us, Im going to start him. I'd start him against anybody. Yeah you dont want Fitz to do well against the Panthers, but you gotta stick with the players with the best matchup on your FF team no matter what if you want to win.

lol. I never root against the Panthers either, but if someone like Larry Fitzgerald is on my FF team and the Cards play against us, Im going to start him. I'd start him against anybody. Yeah you dont want Fitz to do well against the Panthers, but you gotta stick with the players with the best matchup on your FF team no matter what if you want to win.

i started someone that was going up against the panthers once. forget who. they ended up with very low scoring. also. reality is much more important than fantasy. i don't have any money in fantasy.

never mind the ginger....

anyway,

I don't think fantasy football is about "rooting" for anybody. I set my lineup on the matchups, lock it in and forget about it. If Fitz gets four touchdowns against us it isn't because I started him any more than Jakes multiple interception games are caused by me starting him.

After the excitement of the game(s) are over it's interesting to see what matchups you were correct about but also interesting to see which matchups you were dead wrong about.

Sometimes, things in life are just fun. FF is fun.

Folks always talk about how much they know about the game. FF is a place to prove it. Sure there are injuries and things that can't be controlled, but, that's life, make your best choices, play your best hand, adjust, hope for the best and have fun with your friends. It does not diminish the reality of W/Ls as the end game.

It has also made me appreciate the talents of other players and the game a lot more, and I always loved it before FF.

I don't know too many folks who have tried FF who don't love it. I'm the commish for another league that is just cut throat, folks I work with and for, and we just have a blast. I do the Huddle too because I respect the people here and its interesting to watch, although the scoring is a lot different than my Yahoo league.

If the Panthers are having a bad year, well, FF helps with the pain of that too.

Archived