• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about those draft picks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3qy7xxeVHA

Duke is a better pass blocker than I thought. He sort of looks like Otah from a distance. The thing about getting these montster o-linemen (beside strength) is that the defense can't really see our RBs all that well. Williams is kinda small for RB, and behind our big o-line you can't really see his quick change of direction until it's too late. Looks like he's going left (you see Otah's massive frame) then you see he's actaully going right. The downside is that they might be blocking Jake's view a bit, but who cares.

Brown, Munnerlyn, Goodson, and Fiametta have all earned a little fan love on here...so how about the other guys? Martin, Irvin, and Robinson?

Spread the love folks!

robinson gets a lot of love..IMO

and most fans are not that excited about irvin..most saw him as a reach and we know he wont start this season.i have seen more love for our UDFA DT than him..lol

and Martin has a lot of question marks 25 year old rookie moving to a new postion and he is injury prone..some saw him as a reach..but i have heard nothing but about about him

robinson gets a lot of love..IMO

and most fans are not that excited about irvin..most saw him as a reach and we know he wont start this season.i have seen more love for our UDFA DT than him..lol

and Martin has a lot of question marks 25 year old rookie moving to a new postion and he is injury prone..some saw him as a reach..but i have heard nothing but about about him

I know, but dammit...training camp is mere weeks away. Time to start drinking MORE kool-aid! MORE I say!

I think Martin is going to be very good. Our first two draft picks were picked to fit meeks' scheme. Martin is physically and athletically perfect for this type of defense. I really think he has a chance to be a starter midway through the season if he has a good training camp and can switch back to CB quickly. Also Irvin is a very underrated DT and I don't really understand why he isn't getting more attention. I mean I hope the consensus on here is not that some youtube guy is better than our draft pick. He was a sleeper coming into the draft and I really think we got him at a value. He is still a bit raw but has very good potential. Just given some love to the lesser known guys.

I really want Irvin to be a pleasant surprise. Most of us, I think, thought he was a reach. Obviously the FO saw something in him they liked, and hopefully he shows us what that was this season. We aren't very deep at DT, so he could get some solid playing time. Maybe he will come in and be very disruptive in the backfield and prove the FO right.

I like how most people say that the one thing the Panthers need pre-draft is depth on both lines. Post-draft, not much is mentioned about the depth that got drafted.

Probably because they're late round/UDFA signings that aren't seasoned vets. We don't know if they can step in or not, or at the very least doubt them without a year under their belt.

I think Robinson will turn out to be one of the biggest steal of the draft. If he picks up the playbook fast and gells I can see him spelling Vincent or Wharton and there will be no drop off in production. Double trouble will love running behind him and Otah lined up side by side. They are both 335+ and great run blockers. He was a 3 year starter at Oklahoma which is better than a 3 year starter for the Lions or the Raiders IMO. For what ever reason he dropped from a high 2nd round projection to us in the 5th and we only have to pay him 5th round money and get a potential starter right off the batt.

I am a huge UGA fan, and Irvin was a reach but he is still extremely raw. He was forced into starting duties in Athens this year and worked very hard and improved every week. So if he can keep the same work ethic hopefully he will continue to polish his skills, but I don't see him cracking the 53 man roster this year, next year he should be very good though.

I am a huge UGA fan, and Irvin was a reach but he is still extremely raw. He was forced into starting duties in Athens this year and worked very hard and improved every week. So if he can keep the same work ethic hopefully he will continue to polish his skills, but I don't see him cracking the 53 man roster this year, next year he should be very good though.

he will make the roster just because he was a 3 round pick..

Archived