• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Decline of Ken Lucas

bigdog_10_2002

Whatever you say....

The past 2 seasons Gamble has not been thrown too nearly as much as Lucas/Marshall. Yes, he has dropped about a dozen gift wrapped picks, but I guess thats why he is a DB and not a WR....cause his hands blow.

I also dont think that his shoulder has ever gotten to be 100% after his injury, so it makes him kinda scared for contact.....

All I know is that for at least the first half of the season all that I can remember is cursing Lucas for getting torched multiple times a game. I am glad that he is gone, because I think that Marshall is a fuging stud.

I also dont think that his shoulder has ever gotten to be 100% after his injury, so it makes him kinda scared for contact.....

All I know is that for at least the first half of the season all that I can remember is cursing Lucas for getting torched multiple times a game. I am glad that he is gone, because I think that Marshall is a fuging stud.

Marshall played worse than he did.

i don't know but he was damn awesome in that Pats game in 05 (i think it was 05, his first year with us). the stats didn't look like much but he absolutely played a beast of a game.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=27zhnhx&s=3

Link to vid from that game for people who don't remember it.

That's what i'll always remember of his time with us. He was terrific that year and in the playoffs, but that specific game was one of the most dominating performances from a CB that i've seen as far as influence on a game goes.

Really his best year was 05 when we had a good D-line to give pressure and he was healthy. He had a decent year in 06.

He kept getting those shoulder injuries and just was never the same. If we were able to generate more pressure for him and he didn't have as many injuries then he would have had a very bright career here.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=27zhnhx&s=3

Link to vid from that game for people who don't remember it.

That's what i'll always remember of his time with us. He was terrific that year and in the playoffs, but that specific game was one of the most dominating performances from a CB that i've seen as far as influence on a game goes.

i agree, that game really was excellent. Trdgo had an amazing game plan that day. We brought anyone and everyone on the blitz.

I thought Lucas looked pretty good to start the season. The 2nd half was just bad....and by bad it was REAL bad.

I still think Godfrey has gotten off easy in the grand scheme of things........I'm very worried about that side w/ Marshall and Godfrey this year.

Whatever you say....

The past 2 seasons Gamble has not been thrown too nearly as much as Lucas/Marshall. Yes, he has dropped about a dozen gift wrapped picks, but I guess thats why he is a DB and not a WR....cause his hands blow.

Gamble has been very good on the shorter stuff......imo he has always gotten lost on some of the deeper routes. Definately hasn't put together enough to be considered one of the best in the game which was claimed. He is a very good corner....but that was just a tad much for my tastes. I don't blame corners to much for drops but Gamble's have been heartbreakers that really weren't that tough in comparison to some

I'll agree with an above poster that Lucas' neck never was the same after he got hurt. He didn't tackle with the same ferocity afterwards. Plus nagging injuries kept him out of alot of games so that sucked too. He played like the Ken of old the first half of the season esp against Drew Brees but towards the end it got rough. I'll take him any day though.

Yeah, Lucas did hurt us down the stretch. I'm not sure what happened. I think that maybe it wasn't Lucas but the defensive play calling. I hope that Meeks will run the Defense his way and Fox will stick to being the HC. I like Marshall, but at times he can be a bit too agressive.

Archived