• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Decline of Ken Lucas

bigdog_10_2002

So I was rewatching Antonio Bryant make Ken Lucas look awful and I got to thinking. What happened to Lucas in the span of two years?

I think some of it has to do with age and injury, but my question to you all is:

Is Tim Lewis partly responsible for the decline of Ken Lucas?

Ken Lucas was far and away our best corner in 06, however in 07 (Lewis first year I believe) Lucas' play began to decline. 08 was a joke for Lucas. He was slow and out of place almost every play.

So I was rewatching Antonio Bryant make Ken Lucas look awful and I got to thinking. What happened to Lucas in the span of two years?

I think some of it has to do with age and injury, but my question to you all is:

Is Tim Lewis partly responsible for the decline of Ken Lucas?

Ken Lucas was far and away our best corner in 06, however in 07 (Lewis first year I believe) Lucas' play began to decline. 08 was a joke for Lucas. He was slow and out of place almost every play.

well, he was never as good as hyped coming from Seattle but he was a good CB in Carolina. Last year imo he was a victim of no pass rush, forced to play a soft zone, and has horrible communcation w/ a rookie playing saftey for the 1st time ever. He wasn't put in a good situation for success imo. The entire secondary didn't look good imo in coverage......

i don't know but he was damn awesome in that Pats game in 05 (i think it was 05, his first year with us). the stats didn't look like much but he absolutely played a beast of a game.

i'm worried about Marshall being back there instead of Ken even though Ken had declined.

i don't know but he was damn awesome in that Pats game in 05 (i think it was 05, his first year with us). the stats didn't look like much but he absolutely played a beast of a game.

i'm worried about Marshall being back there instead of Ken even though Ken had declined.

Difference between Marshall and Lucas - Marshall has room for improvement while Lucas was only declining.

He certainly wasn't a joke last year. His decline/release was a combination of the FS situation, getting older, pass rush, Gamble playing great, Marshall waiting, the cap situation, etc. He's still a good player imo.

He was a monster in 05, arguably should of made the Pro-bowl that year. He pretty much fell off after that because of injuries and other reasons. I remember back in 06 there was an article talking about how he was taking supplements to gain weight but stopped because he thought it was making him more prone to injury. If you look at pictures of him from 05 till now, he lost a lot of muscle.

Archived