• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF- 32 QB Observations

ctrcat

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/12/32-observations-week-10-2/

Among others...

New England Patriots:  Tom Brady has had 17 incomplete passes where the reason the pass was incomplete was an underthrow, which is the highest amount in the league.

Indianapolis Colts: Eight of Andrew Luck’s incompletions have come because he threw the ball behind his receiver, the highest amount in the league.

Carolina Panthers: When Cam Newton is not under pressure, he has a below average Accuracy Percentage of 75.7%. When he is under pressure, his Accuracy Percentage drops to just 70.8% which is the third-ranked figure behind that of Rivers and Peyton Manning. The difference of just 4.9% is the second smallest difference in the league.

Sweet nectar.

impressive.

tbh, this wasn't something i was expecting with newton as the QB...not that it's a bad thing. i had this vision of a mobile bret favre type QB. i loved the idea of a mobile gunslinger, but i'll take this side of things any day. fits more into what the offense is trying to do anyway.

There is no reason Cam can't become just as accurate as the best QB's in the league. It's just a matter of time, experience and muscle memory.

I just don't buy that he can't be just as accurate as Brees or Manning before his career is over.

He's still younger than all the "young" QBs which is interesting to me. It's never mentioned in any show and they adjust young QB ratings to fit Matt Stafford in.

Maybe it's like Harbaugh said, Cam is indeed off the charts and has his own category already.  Perfect?  No.  But afterall, he is the greatest QB in NFL history, statistically, through 40 games.  Just the facts.  As if the stats alone don't say enough, the eyeball test validates the stats as the biggest freak to ever play the position.  Anything subjective that reflects otherwise (ie Cam not among the top 5 young QBs, LMFAO) is beyond all feeble powers of human comprehension. 

Let's say Cam continues to refine and grow and improve, and his accuracy climbs to the realm of Rodgers and Brees. And let's say his deep ball returns to the prominence of his rookie year. And let's say he continues to be the mobile, punishing tank of a man he already is. And let's say his decision making continues to develop and improve and his distribution continues on its current ascendant pace. And let's say he's surrounded with weapons like all top offenses are?

Holy freaking cow, where is the limit on this kid?

Archived