• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

MichaelNewtonII

I understand why people don't love McDermott, but I don't get why they hate him. You don't want him at 9? That's fine, I get it. But some of you will seemingly be so torn up that you'll instantly hate the kid, the team and will meltdown over someone who's yet to play in the pros. There is not a single player they could take that would make me freak out like some of you plan too if we take McDermott (Which, fwiw, I don't think will happen).

I am really trying to talk myself into thinking of Mcderm as a stretch four. Maybe his offense at the 4 could outweigh his defensive deficiencies

Everybody wants to whine about his defense. Do u know who played defense for us at pf last year. Mcroberts. So McDermott can't be any worse IMO

Everybody wants to whine about his defense. Do u know who played defense for us at pf last year. Mcroberts. So McDermott can't be any worse IMO

Well, I am not whining.  It is a concern.  

I just think people get their expectations out of whack when thinking about value at #9.  

They need to read Simmons post on Grantland today about the draft being such a crap shoot. 

Didn't think it was worthy of its own thread, but the Knicks and Mavericks look set to make the following trade:

- Mavs send/Knicks receive: Jose Calderon (pg), Shane Larkin (pg), Wayne Ellington (sg), Samuel Dalembert ©, #34 and #51.

- Knicks send/Mavs receive: Raymond Felton (pg) and Tyson Chandler ©

Seems like the Mavs are giving up a lot in this deal. But it does give them an upgrade at center, and a serviceable starting PG/decent back up. Perhaps this is the first move for them to make a run at a 'star'?

Multiple reports that Cleveland is trying to set up a last minute interview with Exum and he's now "in the conversation" for the #1 pick. How does Cleveland manage to butcher this process every year?

If they go for Exum it will be interesting to see who makes way for him. Can't see them wanting to get rid of Irving, but I suppose Waiters could drop to sixth man or Exum could do the role until he's ready to start.

Pretty much agree that the Cavs seem to be butchering the process again.

Multiple reports that Cleveland is trying to set up a last minute interview with Exum and he's now "in the conversation" for the #1 pick. How does Cleveland manage to butcher this process every year?

Make me think they are going to take the Magic's offer...

Well, I am not whining. It is a concern.

I just think people get their expectations out of whack when thinking about value at #9.

They need to read Simmons post on Grantland today about the draft being such a crap shoot.

I know your not whining. Wasn't pointed towards u. Just in general everybody is soooooo worried about his defense. How come nobodies worried about Jabari Parker's defense. Coach k would take him out of lineups in COLLEGE. Plenty of guys aren't great on defense but they still are very valuable players.

I know your not whining. Wasn't pointed towards u. Just in general everybody is soooooo worried about his defense. How come nobodies worried about Jabari Parker's defense. Coach k would take him out of lineups in COLLEGE. Plenty of guys aren't great on defense but they still are very valuable players.

agreed.  

You just answered your own question. Coach K knew Parker wasn't his best defensive option, yet Parker is a much better defender than McDermott. Also, though McDermott can shoot the ball, many including myself feel he cant shake defenders to get his shot off, and cannot create his own shot. Seriously, there are 20 players I would take ahead of him.

I'm just gonna say it again, don't be surprise if Kemba Walker is moved tomorw.

I find this interesting. What if Clifford gets his guy Jemeer Nelson from Orlando, then drafts a guy like Peyton or Ennis to learn from Nelson.

What kind of player or pick could we get for Kemba?

I've spent the past three days studying everything I can find on the internet about Doug McDermott. I've also spent the past day researching Mitch McGary. McGary makes 10 times more sense than drafting McDermott and I don't even want McGary at #24... I feel like this is all smokescreen. Happens every year.

I don't see how anyone in their right mind with any basketball sense whatsoever could think that drafting McDermott with the #9 pick is a good idea, but almost every moron host on Charlotte sports radio is all for it, so of course the analysts they bring on to reaffirm their position are also all for it. 

You just answered your own question. Coach K knew Parker wasn't his best defensive option, yet Parker is a much better defender than McDermott. Also, though McDermott can shoot the ball, many including myself feel he cant shake defenders to get his shot off, and cannot create his own shot. Seriously, there are 20 players I would take ahead of him.

Parker is a terrible defender. I wouldn't say he's better defensively than McDermott. He's that bad. But it's ok for Parker to be that bad on defenses when he's that good but not McDermott. Just saying.

And good god yes he can create his own shot. All u had to do was watch him play in college. Did he break ankles and play in an and1 league..... No but he got his shot off and created his own show with great footwork post moves dirk like fadeaways and pull ups. Who cares if he's not gonna break ankles. Put the ball in the basket. And he did that. Using BB IQ ad talent and by creating his own shot.

Archived