• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

MichaelNewtonII

Homers because we root for the players on our own team? Uhhh....yeah. That's kind of the point. Why would I want to openly root for players on my team to fail? So I can come on here and say, "I'M SMARTER THAN CHO I SAID NOT TO DRAFT HIM!!!!"

It's really kind of astonishing to me that fans would "hate" a guy on their team who hasn't even played a game yet. I think McGary is a dumb pick at 24, but I'd pull for him like hell once we drafted him. Different mindsets, I guess.

Maybe others have said they would root against him, but I haven't. Any guy we draft, whether I like it or not, i'm going to root for them until they prove that they suck.

Saw on Twitter where Elfrid Payton told a reporter that two realistic landing spots he's hearing for himself are Los Angeles at 7 and Charlotte at 9.  That would surprise me, although I do think Payton will be good.  I'd wonder if they planned on playing him with Kemba, or trading Kemba?  I can't imagine they'd draft him at 9 to back up Kemba for a few years, although I guess that's always a possibility.

Saw on Twitter where Elfrid Payton told a reporter that two realistic landing spots he's hearing for himself are Los Angeles at 7 and Charlotte at 9. That would surprise me, although I do think Payton will be good. I'd wonder if they planned on playing him with Kemba, or trading Kemba? I can't imagine they'd draft him at 9 to back up Kemba for a few years, although I guess that's always a possibility.

Walterfotball has Payton at no9 too. If you guys really believe what Clifford said about "size" then it's not such a dumb idea. Payton is much bigger than Kemba and has a higher ceiling. Probably already a better floor generator than Kemba.

I would not rule out Payton a no9 and a Kemba trade. A lot of teams could use Kemba; Houston, Toronto, Chicago, and even Miami. NYK is also a team that is in big need of a PG.

However, they have no pick in the whole draft. But, theres rumors that they want to move Iman Shumpert for a late 1st in hope of Ennis or Hairston. I would straight up give Kemba for Shumpert if we take Payton at 9. That's my opinion.

If it's coming down between McDermott and Stauskas, Stauskas has more to offer.  He has decent ball handling skills and some think he's a more natural shooter than Doug.  I'd like to see Stauskas get stronger, put on some more muscle.  Then he would be unstoppable.

If it's coming down between McDermott and Stauskas, Stauskas has more to offer. He has decent ball handling skills and some think he's a more natural shooter than Doug. I'd like to see Stauskas get stronger, put on some more muscle. Then he would be unstoppable.

More muscle u say? I think he's cleary capable if that as u can see from the picture I posted

post-9612-0-98110100-1403725677_thumb.jp

I've spent the past three days studying everything I can find on the internet about Doug McDermott. I've also spent the past day researching Mitch McGary. McGary makes 10 times more sense than drafting McDermott and I don't even want McGary at #24... I feel like this is all smokescreen. Happens every year.

Archived