• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

MichaelNewtonII

Ken Berger, NBA Insider

@EyeOnBasketball: . @kbergcbs: Hornets 'focused' on Doug McDermott and Nik Stauskas at No. 9

Furthermore, Clifford recently came out and said that he wants bigger players on the premier so they can get off their shots.

Stauskas (SG) and McDermott (SF, Clifford said he was a three) are two of the biggest guys at their respective positions.

My guess is...

1. McDermott

2. Stauskas

All respect due to Coach Clifford, but I really hope this is not their strategy, because it's stupid. I guess we just need to go find a bunch of unathletic, tweener tall guys to throw up contested shots because they can't create space.

That is retarded. McDermott is going to blow in the NBA and Stauskas won't be much better.

All respect due to Coach Clifford, but I really hope this is not their strategy, because it's stupid. I guess we just need to go find a bunch of unathletic, tweener tall guys to throw up contested shots because they can't create space.

That is retarded. McDermott is going to blow in the NBA and Stauskas won't be much better.

Nah, he'll get that rookie grace period where even if we dont like the pick, we want to believe he will be worth it and surprise us all... but then, we'll realize we just blew 9th overall pick on a system-created, father coached-powered Kyle Korver... or worse... Adam Morrison.

Or he turns into a solid starter for us, spaces the floor, helps create room for Big Al, displays underrated athleticism, plays good team defense, and shows why he was a 3x All-American in college.

Nah, he's white. IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.

It's not because he's white. It's because he's unathletic and his father ran his entire offense through him for his college career. It's already been reported that he hasn't impressed in workouts

It's not because he's white. It's because he's unathletic and his father ran his entire offense through him for his college career. It's already been reported that he hasn't impressed in workouts

Did you watch him in college?  This is a serious question.

Or he turns into a solid starter for us, spaces the floor, helps create room for Big Al, displays underrated athleticism, plays good team defense, and shows why he was a 3x All-American in college.

Nah, he's white. IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.

Yes! It's bc he's white. I'm not going to bull poo and act like I'm not biased.

Homers because we root for the players on our own team?  Uhhh....yeah.  That's kind of the point.  Why would I want to openly root for players on my team to fail?  So I can come on here and say, "I'M SMARTER THAN CHO I SAID NOT TO DRAFT HIM!!!!"

It's really kind of astonishing to me that fans would "hate" a guy on their team who hasn't even played a game yet.  I think McGary is a dumb pick at 24, but I'd pull for him like hell once we drafted him.  Different mindsets, I guess.

Archived