• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Korey Stringer's Family......

KillerKat

need to let this go. This is ridiculous. Let Korey R.I.P. and just accept that he had a simple heat stroke. Our legal system is so out of wack...

The family of former Minnesota Vikings offensive lineman Korey Stringer won an important legal victory Monday against the manufacturer of the helmets and shoulder pads he wore when he died nearly eight years ago from complications of heatstroke.

A federal judge in Ohio concluded that manufacturer Riddell Inc. had a duty to warn Stringer that its helmets and shoulder pads could contribute to heat stroke when used in hot conditions.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4324917&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Only in America :rolleyes5:

yup!!!

So, I'm thinking, this winter I'm gonna go buy some new Nike skates, a Reebok jersey, some underarmer and a few other big brands and I'm gonna go play pond hockey until I'm almost frozen to death and then go get me some free money...their tags never warned me that their poo wouldn't keep me warm enough to play outside when it's -50!

I have a hard time telling a family how it's "appropriate" for them to grieve.

That said, I think the ruling is stupid.

But, their continuous pursuit of these actions in a court room seems to have more to do with $$ than with grieveing.

Hey, it's a sign of the times, you get what you can take. It's not gonna change until judges decide that it's gone too far and I don't know when that will happen in this politically correct society,,,

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mintal again.

Maybe one of your best post yet.

This is what happens when everyone is taught someone "owes" them something...

Archived