• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Presser 11/11

neverlosethefeeling

Joe Person @josephperson 25m

Rivera: Chase Blackburn's foot sore, but nothing requiring surgery.

HAH! Rivera when asked if he uses his veto powers on offense: "Not a lot. One of the things I try not to do, when Mike is in a rhythm, I just don't talk. I think the most important thing I do is say "Hey guys, this is Riverboat Ron, let's go for it on 4th and 1."

Said he leaves the playcalling in game to Shula when he's in a rhythm.  The only time he interrupts when when he calls and says "This is Riverboat Ron, we need to go for it".

But says he's still fighting the nickname (as he smiles).

Rivera, politely, says he disagreed with V Davis fumble call. Ref told him Davis did not make a football move

He also said they'll submit that play to the league for review and see what sort of explanation they get. But did give credit to the officials for being very thorough in their sideline conferences.

Rivera: Message now going from being relevant to "very relevant."

Says he counted 3 drops in his film review. Joe then leads a question with "Nate (Chandler) seemed to struggle.." and before he even finishes Rivera is shaking his head and says "No.." and came to the defense of #78. Admitted there were things he could do better, though. Hangartner also got in on 7-8 snaps and Rivera said "It's very good to have Jeff back and good to have him on the football field for us."

I think people are scared that "Chico" might be racist. 

I love how honest he is and does he look like a leader or what.  He's definitely in control and is the general of this franchise.  He was very even keel and was a wash in confidence.

Rivera also seems to really like Nate Chandler.

Archived