• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettle Magic?

chknwing

I am wondering if Gettlemen is more involved than we think.  The guy is a football guy, he knows football in and out.  I wonder if he is actually behind the scenes helping with game planning etc.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had a big hand in helping Rivera plan as well as making the guy a better coach.  He said "If we do this right", JR would be holding up the trophy.  I cant help but to think he has laid out some master plan for this season to do just that.

I am wondering if Gettlemen is more involved than we think.  The guy is a football guy, he knows football in and out.  I wonder if he is actually behind the scenes helping with game planning etc.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had a big hand in helping Rivera plan as well as making the guy a better coach.  He said "If we do this right", JR would be holding up the trophy.  I cant help but to think he has laid out some master plan for this season to do just that.

ROFL.  Just refuse to give Rivera his props eh?  GM helping game plan?  Really? 

Maybe just maybe Rivera is a good coach.

Maybe just maybe he is learning to be better just like players get better after playing a few years.

Maybe just maybe the team is executing better thus ending up with better results

Maybe just maybe we are winning games with a dominant defense because that just so happens to be Rivera's specialty.

ROFL.  Just refuse to give Rivera his props eh?  GM helping game plan?  Really? 

Maybe just maybe Rivera is a good coach.

Maybe just maybe he is learning to be better just like players get better after playing a few years.

Maybe just maybe the team is executing better thus ending up with better results

Maybe just maybe we are winning games with a dominant defense because that just so happens to be Rivera's specialty.

Actually, in Gettleman's old role with the Giants, opponent scouting was part of what he did.

He was, in fact, part of the group that built the game plan the Giants used to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

That experience is helpful for a GM.

um no, I have gave Rivera is props in many threads, read the rest of the forum before making dumb comments. kthx.

So I should read the all of your forum post to get context for your original post?   Ahhh makes about as much sense as the OP.

You basically stated that Rivera has improved because we are winning and maybe it's because the GM helped him?  Is there any other coach someone would even insinuate something like that?  GM helping with week to week game planning?  That's just disrespectful.

I think GM is just better at picking up FA's and drafting players that fit our team. And in turn I think that's helped Rivera. He is what is new to the team as well as Shula moving to OC. But, all these new guys have made a big impact maybe even larger then our prior guys have.

Archived